• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rumor is that Mike White will be a high MLB draft pick in June

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  116
  • Days Won:  0

Drew Henson is another...QB at Michigan and played w/ Yankees system and later the Dallas Cowboys

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Do you mean aside from Bo Jackson, Deion Sanders, or any other football/ track athlete (Lindsey Lamar).  No not really... 

he is not in their class

i wouldnt allow him to play both at usf\

if he doesnt committ to football i would pass on him

coach t needs to bring in 2 or 3 qbs next year or his career at usf will be short

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

There are many college athletes who have the talent to play multiple sports, but now days most sports take an all year commitment and it is difficult to do more than one sport in college. In the old days for instance Jackie Robison played football, basketball, baseball, and track and field at UCLA...he was national college champ in long jump...baseball was maybe his worst sport.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

If the kid can do it, let him. BJ Daniels wanted to play basketball and football. He ended up deciding he wanted to stick with football. I think we will see the same situatio here unless he can truly be a beast at both.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049

32693612.jpg

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

According to wikianswers, the average 5th round signing bonus is $150,000.

My dad is a former MLB scout. I'll ask him to spread news of a ligament tear right before draft.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

This kid may be better suited to play a year or two in college and develop a little bit more before deciding to pursue a pro baseball career.  If he was told he can play both football and baseball then he can show off his talents to pro scouts during baseball season while helping out the football team.

I say let him play both.  I think denying him the chance to pitch here will chase him away if he gets drafted high enough.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

trust me he wont go top 10 rounds. He doesn't have that kind of stuff. I Wouldn't worry about him hitting in the 400's he is not going to be a hitter. He will be at usf for sure.

Doesn't have that kind of stuff?  The baseball video I've seen on him looks a heck of a lot more impressive than his football video.  The guy can throw some heat for a 17 year old.

TONS of 17year old kids can throw heat. It's the rare few than can control it, that make it big. Not making a statement about White.

No, not tons that can throw 90+.

Show me the link that he can throw 90+ from the link in this very thread his FB is at 85+. So, YES, TONS can throw heat. Never said 90+ the legend of Mike White is growing faster than Lynch's.

I recall from before he was signed seeing that he was clocked in the 90s, maybe it was one of the videos - I'm not sure.  I could be wrong, but I'm going from memory. 

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Even for high school, these are impressive stats.

Last year, as a pitcher, he compiled a record of 10-1, with a 0.38 ERA and seven complete game shutouts. He struck out 85 batters in 65 innings.

More impressively, White was a consistent batter in the lineup – finishing the season with a .400 batting average.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049

Prado's got to be loving it, knowing he's getting an awesome player - without costing him a scholly!