• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Good article by Greg on USF Football schedule

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

Florida isn't a good comparison. Gators play 4-5 ranked teams a year just in conference play alone. Compare USF to its peers -- conference rivals, other schools in similar position and status in college football hierarchy. What kind of deals are they getting? How many BCS opponents? How many I-AAs, etc.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Bull 71 "IMO …Given the size of our sports program, complexity, delegation of duties I doubt that Doug Woolard is in direct contact with any schools until preliminary details are completed.

My suggestion is to take a REALY CLOSE IN DEPTH LOOK at the qualifications of the individuals doing this preliminary work…

MY suggestion ….this is probably a weak point in the USF AD organization that needs a replacement and or additional staffing..

Go Bulls" 

I think you hit the nail on the head, which ultimately falls back on Doug. He is the AD(CE0) of the Athletic Dept.  He should take some of that hefty pay and bonus money and pay adequate people to do a real job, Not a bunch of interns running around acting like the know everything there is to know about an athletic program.  Doug is responsible for his employees.

Noticed this alot last season at the home FB games, people with All access passes coming into our section sitting wherever they find an empty seat only to arque with the ticket holders(while being drunk) (Heard one tell someone that they could sit wherever they wanted when they wanted) as if the (A A Pass) trumps the ticket holder. 

Not what our AD needs or should stand for. 

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Woolard is to USF as the Glazers are to the Bucs. Both are doing a horrible job and trying to kill a fan base.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078

Florida isn't a good comparison. Gators play 4-5 ranked teams a year just in conference play alone. Compare USF to its peers -- conference rivals, other schools in similar position and status in college football hierarchy. What kind of deals are they getting? How many BCS opponents? How many I-AAs, etc.

I did not intend to get into a scheduling argument over UF so maybe I should have not used them specifically. They are just the closest of the big time programs to Tampa. I was trying to point out that USF is not seen as an "equal" to the big time programs nor are they seen as a crumb bum. They will not ever get a 1 and 1 with a lot of big time programs including UF (another reason I used them because Foley said it would never happen). They will have to settle for a lot of road games which even then will be limited because most years the Bulls are not pushovers. USF is somewhere in between and to get one and ones or more equal games, it is not easy but I have agree with the detractors that must be done. I just differ with the detractors that I know its tougher than they think but that's what those guys in the AD office get paid for.

To follow up on the above quote, I think you and others think that I am comparing USF's schedule to UF's and I am not. I am talking about open slots UF or other bigtime programs have on their schedules.

Edited by Mission9

• Topic Count:  161
  • Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  1

Woolard didn't know how to run a football program when he got here (Judy's shaft) and hasn't learned JACK. If we end up landing in a better conference or playing a better better schedule it will be DUMB luck. Now if he used all the FREE money he gets when a coach wins ONE meaningful game to buy free beer at sporting events I MIGHT change my mind.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Woolard didn't know how to run a football program when he got here (Judy's shaft) and hasn't learned JACK. If we end up landing in a better conference or playing a better better schedule it will be DUMB luck. Now if he used all the FREE money he gets when a coach wins ONE meaningful game to buy free beer at sporting events I MIGHT change my mind.

That beer might not be a lot, considering our dwindling attendance

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078

There are a lot of things which I think are fair to blame the AD for but the conference thing I cannot agree. USF is not a name brand and the powers that be at ESPN or the general public do not want what I heard referred to as "one of the random Florida schools" in the big time. Edited by Mission9

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

Do anyone think maybe they're working on getting into better conference. They get into a 12 team conferenc, they gotta have some cupcakes on the schedule. I pray to baby Jesus that is the case. if not, the AD should be fired.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Do anyone think maybe they're working on getting into better conference. They get into a 12 team conferenc, they gotta have some cupcakes on the schedule. I pray to baby Jesus that is the case. if not, the AD should be fired.

Dear Lord Baby Jesus, we'd also like to thank you for my wife’s father Chip. We hope that you can use your baby Jesus powers to heal him and his horrible leg. It smells terrible and the dogs are always bothering with it...

Dear Lord Baby Jesus, lying there in your...your little ghost manger, lookin' at your Baby Einstein developmental...videos, learnin' 'bout shapes and colors...

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,000
  • Days Won:  12

I'd be lying if I said I hadn't considered this.