• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Times Report: USF in for another rebranding with move

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

Maybe this would be a good time to come up with a better name than "Lady Bulls" for the USF women's sports teams.  I've always thought "lady bulls" didn't make a lot of sense...I never saw a lady bull in a pasture.  Would the term "Bullettes" for the women's teams be acceptable? Is "Bullettes" sexist or offensive to women?   

This is a pet peeve of mine. None of our teams should ever be referred to as the "Lady Bulls" ... although I have seen the official website make that mistake. Our female teams are just simply the "Bulls" exactly the same as our men's teams. Think about it, a lady bull is a cow.

Just because some schools put lady before their nickname to refer to the female teams doesn't mean that it is proper or acceptable to do it for all schools.

Off my soap box ... not trying to pick on the Oldsmobull, but I hate to hear/see "lady Bulls"

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

"The Bulls' challenge now is maintaining that attendance with less of a draw in opponents in its new league next season."

That, my friends, is the heavy lifting.

and...

...so, "lady Bulls"...what would be a good example of how to distinguish women's from men's basketball teams? You couldn't 

very well say "the Bulls victory over Notre Dame", unless you expected your audience to KNOW that you were indeed talking about the women's team and not the men's. It works for softball but any common sport (track, tennis, etc.) would need some measure of clarification. I don't think Uconn puts the term "lady" in front of their women's sports.  

As for 'bullettes'...only offensive if one of them slams into your body and you bleed out before the ambulance arrives. 

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

Maybe this would be a good time to come up with a better name than "Lady Bulls" for the USF women's sports teams.  I've always thought "lady bulls" didn't make a lot of sense...I never saw a lady bull in a pasture.  Would the term "Bullettes" for the women's teams be acceptable? Is "Bullettes" sexist or offensive to women?   

Bullettes would not work because the PC crowd would want them to change their name to "Wizards" which the female term is "Witches" so we would pretty much be back to where we started.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Bulls women's basketball team defeated such and such.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

not happening

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

No intention to change logo at all. And I don't know anyone who calls them "Lady Bulls" publicly. Most newspapers don't acknowledge women's teams any differently than men's teams. There are a few odd ones that linger like "Lady Vols," but not much.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

Kinda like USF Fighting "Androgynous Bulls."