• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

And the Attempt to Keep Season Ticket Holders from Bailing Begins...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  1

Quality of opponents may go down, but we still have to pay to play at RJS...

Quality of opponents overall is up. Miami, Louisville, and Cincinnati is better than any 3 team combination from last season. SMU isn't that bad either.

Let's see what the quality of opponents looks like a few years from now when the 'power' conferences are larger, playing more conference games and playing more games exclusively against one another ala B1G & PAC and B12 & ACC.

As it stands, our most impressive OOC opponent next year, when our new conference gets fully in gear is NC State.

After that, I think marquee HOME games are going to be really hard to come by and as I said before, I really don't see Michigan State coming and playing in Tampa in 2017. But hey, we may get lucky and Indiana might come and visit us in 2015.

We'll see.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

I have been paying for Oficial parking since the beginning...No stress  I don't need to learn anything new...I DONT HAVE TO WORRY WHO WE ARE PLAYING...NEVER SOLD OUT

And best of all...folding chairs,,natchos, beer,gin and tonic, and new friends the second we park...If  you come  about 2 hours early  you get a cheep buzz and won"t  need to load up in the stadium...

Go Bulls

Why do you need to "load up" to watch a football game?

Where did he say he needed to?

:facepalm:  .... and I even double checked it and could have sworn it said "have".

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Nothing wrong with getting loaded up before going to a football game. After working hard all week and maybe on the weekend, it's nice to throw back a bunch of beers with 30,000 of your closest friends. I rarely drink in the stadium (the economics of paying $9 a beer just don't make sense to me). So, drink up during the tailgate and use the almost four hours of sitting in the stadium to unwind.

On another note... I commend those of you that continue to pay outrageous prices for season tickets. I was there at one point in my life (and I lived in Arizona). However, you can practically walk up to the stadium on gameday and get a ticket for a pittance with respect to what USF charges. We have maybe two marquee games on tap this season at home (UC and UM). You might have to pay close to face value for a good seat versus those two opponents, however, the rest of the schedule is the usual slap in the face to alum. Just an outside perspective. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

Nothing wrong with getting loaded up before going to a football game. After working hard all week and maybe on the weekend, it's nice to throw back a bunch of beers with 30,000 of your closest friends. I rarely drink in the stadium (the economics of paying $9 a beer just don't make sense to me). So, drink up during the tailgate and use the almost four hours of sitting in the stadium to unwind.

On another note... I commend those of you that continue to pay outrageous prices for season tickets. I was there at one point in my life (and I lived in Arizona). However, you can practically walk up to the stadium on gameday and get a ticket for a pittance with respect to what USF charges. We have maybe two marquee games on tap this season at home (UC and UM). You might have to pay close to face value for a good seat versus those two opponents, however, the rest of the schedule is the usual slap in the face to alum. Just an outside perspective. 

To your first paragraph, that is almost exactly what we do. Never buy a beer in Ray Jay.  Am sober enough to drive home every game.

As to the second, it does grate on me some knowing you can buy cheaper doing the games individually.  But season ticket holders are the life blood of the football program (along with the Bulls Club donations) and feel it is something we should do.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

To your first paragraph, that is almost exactly what we do. Never buy a beer in Ray Jay.  Am sober enough to drive home every game.

As to the second, it does grate on me some knowing you can buy cheaper doing the games individually.  But season ticket holders are the life blood of the football program (along with the Bulls Club donations) and feel it is something we should do.

You are absolutely correct on both points, sir.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  3

Have been feeling this way for a while now...tough to keep paying $30 a ticket for games like Mcneese St when I am sure they will be on Stubhub for pennies on the dollar.  I know every school has some games like this, however it is only getting worse for us (throw in a terrible Memphis team this season with more to come).  I know a few groups who are prob giving up their tickets and donations and will just go when they feel like it.  I have even considered just donating (do not want to lose my basketball tickets) and just Stub Hubing the football games I actually want to go to.  Kudos to fans like Cousin Ricky..I am trying to stay on board like you.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421

You are absolutely correct on both points, sir.

We have had the same season seats since we started in Ray Jay section 113...We are surrounded by the same season ticket Holders every year..They are from Orlando...Its great to say hello and give them the HighFive  when we score a TD...So although we might pay more  if worth it..There now like family...There was a large group of season ticket holders next to us from Pinellas county close friends to JL..they gave them up when He left...Interesting conversations.I'm sad I miss them I wish they would come back...now that Willie is here

Go Nation Champion Bulls

Go Bulls...

Ready for the Spring Game ready for Season Ticket Holder Party

Edited by bull-71

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

INCORRECT:

"The Bucs Glazer's also retain the first $2 million in profits from parking and concessions at all of USF's home games so USF gets little, if any, revenue from concessions and parking."

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/15322209/to-ditch-drivethru-u-tag-south-florida-needs-own-stadium

I'd rather pay $5 (which is what I pay, not $15) to a local homeowner, rather than the Glazer's.

Incorrect: As part of it's lease agreement USF gets 3000 parking spaces for free which they sell for $15 each (they keep it all.)

Link/source?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421

OCS ...Has anyone done an economic analysis of how many season tickets holders it takes to break even on an OCS.. Minimum stadium seating...for initial build

Has USF powers to be given ok in locating an  OCS...

Also would the OCS serve beer etc...

Go Bulls

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

INCORRECT:

"The Bucs Glazer's also retain the first $2 million in profits from parking and concessions at all of USF's home games so USF gets little, if any, revenue from concessions and parking."

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/15322209/to-ditch-drivethru-u-tag-south-florida-needs-own-stadium

I'd rather pay $5 (which is what I pay, not $15) to a local homeowner, rather than the Glazer's.

Incorrect: As part of it's lease agreement USF gets 3000 parking spaces for free which they sell for $15 each (they keep it all.)

Link/source?

TSA will provide 3,000 complimentary parking spaces for USF donors and another 300 for USF officials and media, but will retain all other parking revenue.

http://www2.tbo.com/sports/sports/2007/jun/27/sp-bulls-to-remain-at-raymond-james-stadium-ar-185324/