• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

And the Attempt to Keep Season Ticket Holders from Bailing Begins...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Cooler than this drawing?

250px-DrawingHands.jpg

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Who drew what?

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  1

Again, why is this an attempt to keep ticket holders from bailing?

The intent of the post, as I intended it was to highlight the perks being offered by the Athletics Dept. (the discounts, the video board messages, Bulls Cast preview, Ticket Holder Party).

I anticipated some sort of incentive to 'sweeten the pot' in light of the changing of so many teams and the amount of apathy felt by a segment of Bulls fans.

I interpret the "National Letter of Commitment" (psychological buy-in) and the other incentives as a means to keep ticket holders on the fence from dropping their tickets.

Having been a season ticket holder for more than five years, this is the most I remember being offered to re-up for tickets. I remember USF Fan Days at RJS, but never a season ticket holder party?

If this promotion is not an attempt to keep ticket holders from bailing, what do you interpret as?

Just last year, they had a drawing every day for a month.  

And the funny thing is I actually won something during the drawings last year and totally forgot about it. My bad. I suppose you could make the argument that this year 7 prizes are being offered instead of the month of drawings, but that doesn't really prove my point, does it?

Still, I feel like the incentives being offered now are more than what has been offered previously given the multitude of discounts and such; including the game-used helmet that was offered a few years back.

Also, I do wonder what will be thrown into the pot as the season gets closer. I assume they'll have a Chick-Fil-A Family Plan or something that will come with concession vouchers or something again.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Some of you friggen people have no idea how good you got it. If I lived anywhere in the state of Florida I would be getting season tickets in a heartbeat. As it is it is, one or two road games a year is all I can do. I go to the games and sit in the cold because I love my university. If I had a chance to go to more I would do so we a huge ole on my face. I always liked the old saying "I wear my USF shirt on game days because I am an alumni, you wear your UF shirt because you went to Wal-Mart."

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

Some of you friggen people have no idea how good you got it. If I lived anywhere in the state of Florida I would be getting season tickets in a heartbeat. As it is it is, one or two road games a year is all I can do. I go to the games and sit in the cold because I love my university. If I had a chance to go to more I would do so we a huge ole on my face. I always liked the old saying "I wear my USF shirt on game days because I am an alumnus, you wear your UF shirt because you went to Wal-Mart."

Some of you friggen people have no idea how good you got it. If I lived anywhere in the state of Florida I would be getting season tickets in a heartbeat. As it is it is, one or two road games a year is all I can do. I go to the games and sit in the cold because I love my university. If I had a chance to go to more I would do so we a huge ole on my face. I always liked the old saying "I wear my USF shirt on game days because I am an alumnus, you wear your UF shirt because you went to Wal-Mart."

Grammar Nazi Strikes Again!!

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078

Grammar Nazi Strikes Again!!

Shhh!  I was trying to do it without comment and hoped he would edit it himself as I have been known to slip up like that for a second.  I think its because alumni is used so often while alumnus or alumna are not.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  342

Some of you friggen people have no idea how good you got it. If I lived anywhere in the state of Florida I would be getting season tickets in a heartbeat. As it is it is, one or two road games a year is all I can do. I go to the games and sit in the cold because I love my university. If I had a chance to go to more I would do so we a huge ole on my face. I always liked the old saying "I wear my USF shirt on game days because I am an alumni, you wear your UF shirt because you went to Wal-Mart."

Cheers my friend! NH is far away. I have lots of family in Maine, so I know how far away everything is. Just graduated college and got season tickets. Section 107! Looking forward to many great years as a USF fan! I support my team no matter what

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Cheers my friend! NH is far away. I have lots of family in Maine, so I know how far away everything is. Just graduated college and got season tickets. Section 107! Looking forward to many great years as a USF fan! I support my team no matter what

Thanks, with the advent of Direct TV, ESPN3, BullsVision, it is almost like I never left. I am always a happy "alumnus" ...GO BULLS!!!

Edited by NewEnglandBull

I am alumni! I contain multitudes!

(with apologies to Whitman)