• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Greed Of 3 Remaining Football Schools Causing Problems.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  83
  • Days Won:  0

I <3 this thread.

Thebullspen VS UCF fanboy

Very entertaining.

I have enjoyed it.

There are only 3 voting members in the Old BE. Their names are UConn, Cincy and USF. No negotiating with that. Pretty sure they have the votes.

At least you understood my response.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,004
  • Days Won:  12

If UCF/Houston/ECU/Whoever were the last 3 in CUSA, and they were forced to split a CUSA pot with a bunch of Sun Belt teams, they know **** well they would feel differently. I get what their angle is, and I understand the allure of millions of dollars out there that you have a long-shot stake in. But I give them the benefit of the doubt that they know deep in their heart who that payout money belongs to. 

EDIT: Not sure how long you have been posting UCFer, but welcome. I actually like having other teams' fans post here. Yes, even UCFers. 

Edited by hm101

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

it's not ideal that's for sure but it certainly is a spoonful of sugar to help the medicine go down. If anything we should be owed more for having to hangout with you losers but as you pointed out $30 million dollars and bag of **** seems like our best option at this point. Rest assured we aren't happy about it and want to minimize our time in this "league" as you can't play with **** without getting some on you. You are a joke, we don't care about goodwill, we don't want to make friends we want to leave you behind and wish you nothing but the worst, it's our money, we earned it and we would just as soon set it on fire before sharing it with your undserving Johnny come latelies that have further devalued our brand (something we once thought to be impossible).

Well I guess we will see how it all pans out for you since this probably the last time you will get to pretend that you are anything more than a mid-major program with aspirations of grandeur. Welcome back.

at least we have aspirations of grandeur and have been part of the haves and have $30 million to show for it. It far exceeds your aspirations of being us and your constant cellar dwelling.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Look man,

We get that you are all happy to be hanging out with us and proudly shouting about our "demotion" with your year of AQ status finally coming to you.

We get that you've been dying to beat us for as long as we can remember and you think this is the year its going to happen, just like you thought all the other times.

We get that you want to be where USF has been for the last 7-8 years, but you are UCF and still currently in C-USA instead until the college sports season is over.

You are also calling UConn and Cincy a "mid-major" if you are going to label us as one. YOU STILL are a mid-major and wouldn't have been called up unless this conference was going into the dumpster. We got called up over you when Miami left in 2005 because we are better than you. And if the BEast is raided again, we will leave before you will .

We get that even in your best years, when you thought you were great and you won C-USA, we kicked the crap out of you 64-12.

We get that you are something like 5-59 vs AQ teams, do not forget who you are.

We get that your claim to fame is beating Georgia, good job on beating someone relevant for a change.

Get used to getting trampled by us and realizing just how far you are away from being anything like us. It's about to hit the fan next year, and you UCiF'ers are going to have mental breakdowns.

If UCF/Houston/ECU/Whoever were the last 3 in CUSA, and they were forced to split a CUSA pot with a bunch of Sun Belt teams, they know **** well they would feel differently. I get what their angle is, and I understand the allure of millions of dollars out there that you have a long-shot stake in. But I give them the benefit of the doubt that they know deep in their heart who that payout money belongs to. 

EDIT: Not sure how long you have been posting UCFer, but welcome. I actually like having other teams' fans post here. Yes, even UCFers. 

I have posted on and off here for about 6-7 years.  Just when I find the time and topic that is interesting and worth discussion.  When USF and UCF stopped playing each other I did not come here.  Now that we will be conference buddies (sarcasm intended) I thought I would stop by once again. 

it's not ideal that's for sure but it certainly is a spoonful of sugar to help the medicine go down. If anything we should be owed more for having to hangout with you losers but as you pointed out $30 million dollars and bag of **** seems like our best option at this point. Rest assured we aren't happy about it and want to minimize our time in this "league" as you can't play with **** without getting some on you. You are a joke, we don't care about goodwill, we don't want to make friends we want to leave you behind and wish you nothing but the worst, it's our money, we earned it and we would just as soon set it on fire before sharing it with your undserving Johnny come latelies that have further devalued our brand (something we once thought to be impossible).

Well I guess we will see how it all pans out for you since this probably the last time you will get to pretend that you are anything more than a mid-major program with aspirations of grandeur. Welcome back.

at least we have aspirations of grandeur and have been part of the haves and have $30 million to show for it. It far exceeds your aspirations of being us and your constant cellar dwelling.

Yes you will be a wealthy cellar dwelling mid major.  Like I said.  We will see how far that gets you now that you no longer have the advantages that conference affilation brought you. It should be an interesting few years.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Sooo five pages into this and I still don't understand - Is greed bad ? I am sooo confused.

I can only give you the long explanation....by my convoluted process...Actually documented....but don't ask for link...

A couple had 20 close friends. and they were low income and co-misserated their economic situation...They played the Lottery won MILLIONS OF DOLLARS.....and since it was UN-EARNED windfall the other 20 close friends wanted/demanded/expected some of the cash...

The couple did not do this to their friends demands.. ...one by one communication stopped and friendships lost...In the end there were no friends left..Hence --the money did not bring the happiness expexted..

The old three are like the couple and the Lottery winning --money from the BE breakup...The friends the NEW conference teams....

Its a no win situation for the old 3....Damned if we give money,,Damned if we don't its a NO WIN

Thats my take on the present situation...The jealousy will kill this conference .....before it gets started...each member going after their own interest and no common good will.......

SORRY TO EXPRESS THIS DOOM AND GLOOM

Go Bulls

You forgot to add that the unhappy couple had promised their reprebate friends an interest in any potential lotto proceeds if they moved closer to them and so the friends all sold their houses to move to be with their new friends just in case they might win. When they won the unhappy couple decided that they were not going to share. The friends asked at least for the costs in moving to to their new homes, as they did rely upon their promisees but that unhappy couple did not see why they should be responsible for their friends stupid decisions. They should just be glad they moved and were closer to their rich friends.
false you are getting exactly what you were promised a conference with the big east leftovers as well as a bigger tv contract than you were receiving in conference USA. On top of that you are getting a million dollar bonus. This **** house is exactly what you signed up for and the only reason you and your band of misfits are even here is because the conference is in such embarrassing disrepair. We don't care if you are mad, we don't like you, we didn't choose you, you have nowhere else to go, we are embarrassed to be seen with you, $30 million hardly makes the embarrassment worth it and we can't wait to get on one of the last lifeboats and leave you to drown. Now sit down and shut up you will get nothing and like it because its your only choice.
No we are not getting what we were promised (See I can argue like you too). Heck, even if UCF had said no to the Big East, the A12 would be knocking on the door again now because the conference needs us. Just like USF needs us. I understand your butt hurt and all but guess what? You have no place to go either. USF brings the exact same thing to the table that UCF does, which by itself is very little. From all I read the only lifeboat you have was made for two and the only way you get on is with us in tow. I can only imagine how that must frustrate you. But just maybe you will learn to live with us.
the important diference between us is that where ever we end up we are going to have 30 million more dollars than you will and we aren't sharing. Why you may ask? Because **** you that's why.

Puc comes through again.

Hey UCF! Eat dirt and DIE! :D

Look man,

We get that you are all happy to be hanging out with us and proudly shouting about our "demotion" with your year of AQ status finally coming to you.

We get that you've been dying to beat us for as long as we can remember and you think this is the year its going to happen, just like you thought all the other times.

We get that you want to be where USF has been for the last 7-8 years, but you are UCF and still currently in C-USA instead until the college sports season is over.

You are also calling UConn and Cincy a "mid-major" if you are going to label us as one. YOU STILL are a mid-major and wouldn't have been called up unless this conference was going into the dumpster. We got called up over you when Miami left in 2005 because we are better than you. And if the BEast is raided again, we will leave before you will .

We get that even in your best years, when you thought you were great and you won C-USA, we kicked the crap out of you 64-12.

We get that your claim to fame is beating Georgia, good job on beating someone relevant for a change.

Get used to getting trampled by us and realizing just how far you are away from being anything like us. It's about to hit the fan next year, and you UCiF'ers are going to have mental breakdowns.

Actually if you look through this thread, my comments were only in response to the usual "UCF sucks commentary".  Until then I pretty much stayed on the topic of the money distribution.  It was the USF fans (like you) that lowered the bar. 

As for your comments, meh, it is a new day. 

I get that you are bitter that you squandered your advantage and chance to improve your program with years of BCS money and recruiting pitches. 

I get that despite what you have been fed from the university you finally have a dose of reality that USF has no real national pull or following (hey look! another sleeping giant!),

I get that in the great money grab that is conference affiliation that despite many years in a BCS conference  a program like USF has to sit back and hope that the stars align and someone has an empty roster spot and that there is no other alternative.  it is something that I came to grips with about UCF years ago. 

Yes UCF wanted to be where USF has been over the last 7-8 years and just when we thought we would be, the Big East crashes and burns taking you down with it.

I get that you are more than upset that you are now at an equal level with lowly UCF. 

I get that your claim to fame is to beat a good program and then lose three consecutive games to various lower ranked teams. 

I understand that USF has absolutely tooled UCF on the football field and that most UCF fans are bitter about that, but I also understand that in the grand scheme of things it all starts fresh this year in a new conference. 

I get that you could never compete for a championship of any kind because you were too inconsistent and lost games you should have won (if you really had that good of a team to begin with).   

Get used to the fact that for the foreseeable future you are exactly the same as UCF.  Nothing is going to hit the fan in Orlando because as you say, UCF has nowhere to go but up. 

Edited by Knightfan41
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  1

Look man,

Actually if you look through this thread, my comments were only in response to the usual "UCF sucks commentary".  Until then I pretty much stayed on the topic of the money distribution.  It was the USF fans (like you) that lowered the bar. 

As for your comments, meh, it is a new day. 

I get that you are bitter that you squandered your advantage and chance to improve your program with years of BCS money and recruiting pitches. 

I get that despite what you have been fed from the university you finally have a dose of reality that USF has no real national pull or following (hey look! another sleeping giant!),

I get that in the great money grab that is conference affiliation that despite many years in a BCS conference  a program like USF has to sit back and hope that the stars align and someone has an empty roster spot and that there is no other alternative.  it is something that I came to grips with about UCF years ago. 

Yes UCF wanted to be where USF has been over the last 7-8 years and just when we thought we would be, the Big East crashes and burns taking you down with it.

I get that you are more than upset that you are now at an equal level with lowly UCF. 

I get that your claim to fame is to beat a good program and then lose three consecutive games to various lower ranked teams. 

I understand that USF has absolutely tooled UCF on the football field and that most UCF fans are bitter about that, but I also understand that in the grand scheme of things it all starts fresh this year in a new conference. 

I get that you could never compete for a championship of any kind because you were too inconsistent and lost games you should have won (if you really had that good of a team to begin with).   

Get used to the fact that for the foreseeable future you are exactly the same as UCF.  Nothing is going to hit the fan in Orlando because as you say, UCF has nowhere to go but up. 

Fair analysis.

Letting by-gones be by-gones, I have no problem accepting you as rivals, anticipate our games to be one of the Bulls most anticipated annually and am looking forward to our games agains the knights beginning this fall.