• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Greed Of 3 Remaining Football Schools Causing Problems.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

UCF fans having feelings of undeserved entitlement? Neeeevvvvvvveeerrrrrr......

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

UCF fans having feelings of undeserved entitlement? Neeeevvvvvvveeerrrrrr......

Like Beating USF in Football 4-0 no need to change the trend..Id give a token amount of cash....by the way how much does a token cost these days. $1.00..... .50Cts ??.. but a win ...NEVER

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

Look, UCF, Tulane and Memphis can (and will) ... not share our exit fee with FAU or FIU when we leave. So what is the problem here?

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Sooo  five pages into this and I still don't understand - Is greed bad ?  I am sooo confused. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

Sooo  five pages into this and I still don't understand - Is greed bad ?  I am sooo confused. 

I can only give you the long explanation....by my convoluted process...Actually documented....but don't ask for link...

A couple had 20 close friends. and they were low income and co-misserated their economic situation...They played the Lottery won MILLIONS OF DOLLARS.....and since it was UN-EARNED windfall the other 20 close friends wanted/demanded/expected  some of the cash...

The couple did not do this to their friends demands..  ...one by one communication  stopped and friendships lost...In the end there were no friends left..Hence --the money did not bring the happiness expexted..

The old three are like the couple and the Lottery winning --money from the BE breakup...The friends the NEW conference teams....

Its a no win situation for the old 3....Damned if we give money,,Damned if we don't its a NO WIN

Thats my take on the present situation...The jealousy will kill this conference .....before it gets started...each member going after their own interest and no common good will.......

SORRY TO EXPRESS THIS DOOM AND GLOOM

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I can only give you the long explanation....by my convoluted process...Actually documented....but don't ask for link...

A couple had 20 close friends. and they were low income and co-misserated their economic situation...They played the Lottery won MILLIONS OF DOLLARS.....and since it was UN-EARNED windfall the other 20 close friends wanted/demanded/expected  some of the cash...

The couple did not do this to their friends demands..  ...one by one communication  stopped and friendships lost...In the end there were no friends left..Hence --the money did not bring the happiness expexted..

The old three are like the couple and the Lottery winning --money from the BE breakup...The friends the NEW conference teams....

Its a no win situation for the old 3....Damned if we give money,,Damned if we don't its a NO WIN

Thats my take on the present situation...The jealousy will kill this conference .....before it gets started...each member going after their own interest and no common good will.......

Go Bulls

(Not saying it is), but if it's truly a no-win situation, the choice is easy. Take the lesser of evils approach.

In the example you described, evaluate whether their friendship or the money is worth more, then choose appropriately.

One example of someone who SHOULD HAVE moved on from his old friends (but didn't) is Michael Vick.

For the current case, it's clear. USF wants to move on ANYWAY, so F'em. Take the money, and ignore the claims.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

We didn't choose this land of misfit toys. We got stuck with them thru a series of unfortunate events and just as they would be more than happy to slice our throats if it meant a seat at the cool table so too should we be willing to screw them in every way possible. They aren't our friends they are our cell mates and we owe them nothing not even he common courtesy of a reach around while we pound them in the @ss.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  193

We didn't choose this land of misfit toys. We got stuck with them thru a series of unfortunate events and just as they would be more than happy to slice our throats if it meant a seat at the cool table so too should we be willing to screw them in every way possible. They aren't our friends they are our cell mates and we owe them nothing not even he common courtesy of a reach around while we pound them in the @ss.

I couldn't agree more!  Every other school that left the BE did it cause they were looking out for themselves and no one else.

UConn, Cinci and USF owe the incoming schools absolutely NOTHING!

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Go Bulls

The difference is that the new BE schools aren't old friends.  They are mere acquaintances that USF never really wanted to be friends with in the first place.  

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  83

Again I think you are all missing the point of my argument.  UCF IS NOT JOINING THE BIG EAST.  They were supposed to join the Big East, but that conference does not exist any more.  Now we are joining an alliance of teams in a new conference.  Pay back UCF for the entrance fee for joining the Big East, pay the CUSA exit fees from the money you get.  Then everyone (including USF) pays an entry fee to fund the new conference.  You get to keep everything that is left which should still be 10 or 12 million.  That ends any question of greed.  Or let the new teams "join" the A12 or whatever without any entry fee.  But you can't have it both ways.  That is greed.