• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2013 Football Schedule

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

There's an extra week in the season this year because of Thanksgiving falling a bit later. So yes 3 bye weeks if you play regular games in August and December.

What does the date of thanksgiving have the length of the season?  The season in the BE(?) is a week longer this year because they scheduled it that way.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  470
  • Days Won:  0

I think we have three bye weeks because our schedule stretches into the weekend that other conferences are playing their championship games. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,651
  • Days Won:  6

There's an extra week in the season this year because of Thanksgiving falling a bit later. So yes 3 bye weeks if you play regular games in August and December.

What does the date of thanksgiving have the length of the season?  The season in the BE(?) is a week longer this year because they scheduled it that way.

Last year there were only 14 weeks (2 byes) in the regular football season and this year there are 15 weeks (3 byes).  This is because Thanksgiving (4th Thursday of November) which is always the second last weekend of the season fell early last year just because of the way Thursdays fall in November.  This year Thanksgiving falls 6 days later than last year which essentially adds another week to the schedule.  Hope this makes sense as I am not a numerologist or a dateologist (if that's even a word?). 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

Last year there were only 14 weeks (2 byes) in the regular football season and this year there are 15 weeks (3 byes).  This is because Thanksgiving (4th Thursday of November) which is always the second last weekend of the season fell early last year just because of the way Thursdays fall in November.  This year Thanksgiving falls 6 days later than last year which essentially adds another week to the schedule.  Hope this makes sense as I am not a numerologist or a dateologist (if that's even a word?). 

There were 15 weeks in the 2012 NCAA Football regular season.   Army - Navy played on Dec 8th.

• Topic Count:  144
  • Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

For anyone planning the trip to Houston, remember that the game is played at Reliant Stadium. Not on the campus of Univ of Houston

??? Is that for sure  ???  I know they are in the process of building a new stadium.  But their website (UH's) didn't mention Reliant.

http://www.chron.com/sports/cougars/article/UH-reaches-verbal-agreement-to-play-home-games-at-4334590.php

VERBAL agreement to but nothing definite. I just hope Texans have game at home that weekend too. Friend at USF also Texans fan so could be epic weekend

USF on Halloween Night Thursday in my hometown on ESPN! I'll be taking that day off and will get tix to USF players' fam section since I know a couple players and very few family will go to the game. I know a couple of guys who are likely going and will be partying Wed night & hopefully can get some to stay the weekend. One of em is UT fan and they play in Austin vs KU so could make that trip as well. Anyone who needs any info about Houston area, just let me know

>USF on Halloween Night Thursday in my hometown on ESPN! I'll be taking that day off and will get tix to USF players' fam section since I know a couple players and very few family will go to the game. I know a couple of guys who are likely going and will be partying Wed night & hopefully can get some to stay the weekend. One of em is UT fan and they play in Austin vs KU so could make that trip as well. Anyone who needs any info about Houston area, just let me know

Haven't been to Houston in years.  We're looking at hotels west of downtown on Katy Freeway or the Southwest Freeway.  Just looking forward to Pappasito's again.  Those areas should work, correct?  The hotels near the medical center are pretty expensive and some charge for parking.  Any other things to update us on?  Keep in mind I'm closer to 60 than 50.  Wonder if Rick's Cabaret is still around. Houston's much higher class version of the Mons in Tampa back in the 80's.

I recommend any hotel near the Metro Rail. Can take it to Reliant to downtown to other parts of Houston and only costs a couple dollars. http://www.ridemetro.org/Services/Rail.aspx

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

WE...ARE...GIANT...KILLERS

Spartie's goin' DOWN!!!

Giants have never been our problem, it's the middle of the pack teams we **** the bed against and make up the bulk of our schedule.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,715
  • Days Won:  109

USF on Halloween Night Thursday in my hometown on ESPN! I'll be taking that day off and will get tix to USF players' fam section since I know a couple players and very few family will go to the game. I know a couple of guys who are likely going and will be partying Wed night & hopefully can get some to stay the weekend. One of em is UT fan and they play in Austin vs KU so could make that trip as well. Anyone who needs any info about Houston area, just let me know

>USF on Halloween Night Thursday in my hometown on ESPN! I'll be taking that day off and will get tix to USF players' fam section since I know a couple players and very few family will go to the game. I know a couple of guys who are likely going and will be partying Wed night & hopefully can get some to stay the weekend. One of em is UT fan and they play in Austin vs KU so could make that trip as well. Anyone who needs any info about Houston area, just let m

e know

Haven't been to Houston in years.  We're looking at hotels west of downtown on Katy Freeway or the Southwest Freeway.  Just looking forward to Pappasito's again.  Those areas should work, correct?  The hotels near the medical center are pretty expensive and some charge for parking.  Any other things to update us on?  Keep in mind I'm closer to 60 than 50.  Wonder if Rick's Cabaret is still around. Houston's much higher class version of the Mons in Tampa back in the 80's.

I recommend any hotel near the Metro Rail. Can take it to Reliant to downtown to other parts of Houston and only costs a couple dollars. http://www.ridemetro.org/Services/Rail.aspx

My wife looked up tickets on Stub Hub and it shows the game is at the OCS.

>USF on Halloween Night Thursday in my hometown on ESPN! I'll be taking that day off and will get tix to USF players' fam section since I know a couple players and very few family will go to the game. I know a couple of guys who are likely going and will be partying Wed night & hopefully can get some to stay the weekend. One of em is UT fan and they play in Austin vs KU so could make that trip as well. Anyone who needs any info about Houston area, just let m

e know

My wife looked up tickets on Stub Hub and it shows the game is at the OCS.

I'm not sure why. At worst, call UH on Monday - http://www.uhcougars.com/tickets/hou-tickets.html

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Going to Sparty this year... Looking forward to that