• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East TV Deal

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

If the presidents approve the deal, be ready for a ton of Wednesday/Thursday night games.

Don't forget Monday and Tuesday games. We are in the OMAC (Other Mac), not the NBE

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

NBC led the BE down the primrose path and did nothing to stave off ESPN's assault on the league, and then they offer chicken feed after conf has crumbled. STFU NBC you were never our friend. Take ESPN dollars and realize that those jackwads in Providence cost us all $1.3 Billion and Tater Head laid down and took it up the brown dirt highway.

Oh my God.

I agree with Reef.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

So, I guess we are going to need an extra 10 million dollars a year in donations from alums to keep up with the joneses....let's get on that!

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Nothing is signed yet. Aresco will take the finalized deal and present it to the University heads. They will vote it up or down.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

I would prefer we stay with ESPN just for the simple fact that EVERY ONE of our games were available to watch on at least one of their channels...ESPN ESPN2 ESPNU ESPN3...can NBC give us that??

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

I would prefer we stay with ESPN just for the simple fact that EVERY ONE of our games were available to watch on at least one of their channels...ESPN ESPN2 ESPNU ESPN3...can NBC give us that??

Yes, they can. They were offering us better exposure than ESPN would EVER want to give us. They were even going to play BE games on the regular NBC network. ESPN said they will NOT put Big East games on ABC. The only reason ESPN even cares is because they want to choke out NBCSports before it even comes to fruition.

If ESPN would have doubled NBC's offer, I would say to go with ESPN for the money alone...but you can see how much they care about the Big East.

Edited by Hem

Yes, they can.

They have one dedicated sports network and an online feed. They reports say they'd put an occasional game on NBC. In a 12 team league, there won't be enough times to even suggest they can match the number of channels ESPN has.

They were offering us better exposure than ESPN would EVER want to give us. They were even going to play BE games on the regular NBC network.

Ill be honest exposure on NBC would be nice, but this deal is for NBC Sports Network, with ND maximizing NBC and Lorne Michaels in the chair for Saturday night programming, the chances of us getting on NBC enough to topple ESPN's exposure is not enough. Especially when you consider the fact that with 10-12 teams the chances of us making more than one of those NBC slots is not all tht great.

ESPN said they will NOT put Big East games on ABC. The only reason ESPN even cares is because they want to choke out NBCSports before it even comes to fruition.

Who cares! ESPN doesn't even televise the Rose Bowl or National Championship on ABC anymore. Any exposure on ESPN blows away a premium time on NBC. You think people are switching for a power SEC game or Big Ten game or whatever on ESPN to watch Houston and USF duke it out on NBC? This is about recruiting too, exposure on ESPN >>>>> NBC Sports

If ESPN would have doubled NBC's offer, I would say to go with ESPN for the money alone...but you can see how much they care about the Big East.

Get this NO ONE cares about the Big East. That's why the money being offered is ****. If you buy into the idea that NBC would coddle us and bring us to the next level you're crazy.

For the measly money being offered stay on ESPN, especially with ESPN subcontracting games to Fox.

This league has made enough stupid mistakes the last year to put itself on an island away from the rest of college football.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

NBC low Balled us, and gave an easy opening for ESPN to re-capture the BE product. NBC gambled and lost...

What's most upsetting to me is, Where was CBS's offer, and why no interest?

ESPN is laughing all the way to the bank... I feel like we just got played.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Money being equal at this point, going with ESPN would be a huge opportunity for both the BE and NBC.

Without knowing what has been proposed, from a programming standpoint it's hard to say, but anyone with vision could make a good case for making the move to NBC. I'd rather be where we are more important to the network than the network being more important to the conference.

A lot of it would depend on what type of programming NBC has planned. Are they going to create a good college football pregame show? Any chance to create a Gameday, on location show each week? If so, success would be dictated by the personalities and production. Its something to build to for the future.

If NBC were to truly go after college football and feature the BE there is a way to do it. While all the hardcore college football junkies are craving for any kind of football during the off season, in a few weeks the spring practices are going to start in a few weeks. Having spring practices and games featured in depth on NBC would give this league more exposure in the off season like never before.

Strong, detailed coverage and features of each team during the season and promoting of the league's stars, above or on equal footing with some of the nation's top players would help.

Of course the nations top teams and players would draw the most interest of football fans, but if we could get NBC to truly promote BE players and teams it would give the league and players more exposure than they will get on ESPN now or ever.

Money being equal, go with the network that you are important to.

If they are just going to put games on TV without doing much else programming then ESPN is where to be. If NBC wants to be like ESPN do what they do.

We are so important to NBC that they offered money that is pocket change to ESPN. Again, is there anything that suggests that NBC would be a better network for us other than exclusivity On a network that has none of the foot traffic that ESPN's networks Have