• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

**** Vitale: Last season was a fluke

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

Can we put Vega on ban since he quoted bleacherreport?

Twice .... and both buffoons were actually ignorant enough to use the term "hot seat" ... although, I'm sure that's the weekly Google search he uses, "Stan Heath hot seat" and then crosses his fingers for a current hit.

Well he is right...we can't shoot or rebound. What's the big deal about what he is saying?

You are right - there is no big deal - just something to post about.

The big deal is that he doesn't take the time to explain why those problems are occuring. Instead just chalks it up as a fluke instead of looking at loss or players, scheduling, and the Waverly Austin effect.

Still not a real big deal but you would have hoped he would have done just a little research .... but he's a busy guy.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Twice .... and both buffoons were actually ignorant enough to use the term "hot seat" ... although, I'm sure that's the weekly Google search he uses, "Stan Heath hot seat" and then crosses his fingers for a current hit.

Probably got his old pals from Arkansas to write it.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  511
  • Days Won:  1

We lost two defensive studs in the mddle that rebounded there arses off. Once we can rebound, we will be good again and win more games.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

You group of sensitive men didn't pay attention to the difference in the 3 articles I posted. Everybody knows Vitale and what he has meant to CBB over the years. However Bleacher reports can be taken serious or not just depends on the writers and his credentials. I specifically wrote the name Doug Brodess  by the 2nd article because he has credentials unlike the last article where the writer (Tyler Donohue} is putting Stan on the Hot Seat already, when that will be a year away should next season be a disappointment too.

--One of B/R’s college basketball featured columnists, Doug Brodess, is a member of the United States Basketball Writers Association. He annually casts his vote for the USBWA Oscar Robertson Trophy and was recently added to the Atlanta Tip Off Club’s Naismith College Player of the Year Award voters.

His articles have been featured on outlets such as CBSSports.com, the Houston Chronicle, Seattle Post-Intelligencer and the Philadelphia Inquirer. Brodess is a frequent radio guest on numerous stations across the country. Leading up to the 2012 Final Four, he was on air with ESPN’s John Clayton and Bram Weinstein's national radio show.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

he shouldnt be on hot seat

how many years on his contract does he have left

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Funny thing about Pitt last year is they went 22-17 (5-13). If they beat USF like they "should" they would have been 24-15 (7-11) hard to keep them "out" of the dance.

That was not a fluke. That USF team was that good.

You group of sensitive men didn't pay attention to the difference in the 3 articles I posted.

I've come to the conclusion that you're either a 16 or 17 year old kid .... or a chick.

Everybody knows Vitale and what he has meant to CBB over the years.

Yes, yes we do .... and here's what he has to say about the team and Stan: "The hustle remains and so does the willingness to stand up against anyone. And I still believe in Heath" .... Vitale > Vega.

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

I also think those quotes/opinions where of mr two cents tom jones not Dickie V

I'm pretty sure that Jones asked the questions in bold and those were Vitale's own words in response ...

I don't think so. I think the bold is supposed to be subheadings. The fact that Vitale was quoted in the answers is what makes me think this.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  0

He's fine for another year...and the article/comments are right on.

We are young, inconsistent and small...not a good recipe in hoops