• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

**** Vitale: Last season was a fluke

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

I also think those quotes/opinions where of mr two cents tom jones not Dickie V

I'm pretty sure that Jones asked the questions in bold and those were Vitale's own words in response ...

I don't think so. I think the bold is supposed to be subheadings. The fact that Vitale was quoted in the answers is what makes me think this.

Good point. It's kind of confusing the way it goes back and forth from first to third person. While the stuff under the headings after the USF one do have quotes, the USF one has no "Vitale said" and the way it reads, with the use 'I', sure looks like the whole thing came directly from Vitale.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

I also think those quotes/opinions where of mr two cents tom jones not Dickie V

I'm pretty sure that Jones asked the questions in bold and those were Vitale's own words in response ...
I don't think so. I think the bold is supposed to be subheadings. The fact that Vitale was quoted in the answers is what makes me think this.
Good point. It's kind of confusing the way it goes back and forth from first to third person. While the stuff under the headings after the USF one do have quotes, the USF one has no "Vitale said" and the way it reads, with the use 'I', sure looks like the whole thing came directly from Vitale.

When I read it in the TBT this morning, it sounded like Jones' writing.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

The stuff about USF is from Tom Jones. He quotes Vitale directly when Vitale says something. Sorry not to clear this up earlier, just missed it.

• Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

The stuff about USF is from Tom Jones. He quotes Vitale directly when Vitale says something. Sorry not to clear this up earlier, just missed it.

Thanks, Greg .... Totally misread that ... as did the thread starter. So the thread title should read: Tom Jones: Last season was a fluke .... ?

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,720
  • Days Won:  3

I like how this forum still censors the word ****.

Is anyone here offended by the word ****?

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  1,400
  • Days Won:  0

I like how this forum still censors the word ****.

Is anyone here offended by the word ****?

dont know what word you are trying to say all I see is ****  :popcorn:

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  1,400
  • Days Won:  0

Thread Title needs to be changed that article was written by Tom Jones...

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Was last year a fluke? While went went 12-6 in the Big East a good portion of that schedule was the bottom 4 in the conference.

Those NCAA wins weren't a fluke, but getting there had a lot to do with the luck of the draw.

When you don't make the NCAA tournament for 20 years, then make it, then immediately regress, then posing the possibility of a fluke is not outlandish.

Posing the question is not outlandish, so long as he does his research to find an answer.  Just don't throw out an accusation without building a case.

• Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

Was last year a fluke? While went went 12-6 in the Big East a good portion of that schedule was the bottom 4 in the conference.

Those NCAA wins weren't a fluke, but getting there had a lot to do with the luck of the draw.

When you don't make the NCAA tournament for 20 years, then make it, then immediately regress, then posing the possibility of a fluke is not outlandish.

Posing the question is not outlandish, so long as he does his research to find an answer.  Just don't throw out an accusation without building a case.

perhaps it is the meaning of the word fluke that is the problem here-- one of its definitions is "A chance occurrence"

Making it to the dance for the first time in 20 years certainly qualifies as a chance occurrence for USF

Not that a clearer/better term couldn't be used -- and I find it ridiculous to single out a team as a fluke in the first place. It does a disservice to what that team accomplished. I guess we should call Kentucky a fluke last year since they are not as good this year too.

anyway-- our fans know what is going on. It is a shame that certain media types seemingly never miss an opportunity to pass judgement and degrade on anything USF

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63