• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jim Leavitt headed to the superbowl.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

I know coaches get credit for for it but he probably didnt have much to do with them being all pro...but that being said this is where he belongs. He is probably a much better assistant/position coach where he can focus on just one thing rather than the big picture.

I think he did very good with the big picture but I think at the end he was getting stressed out because his teams couldn't win a Big East championship. At the NFL level, he probably would do very good at DC. As head coach? I don't know. Lots more involved than college. You got more fan pressure and lots more pressure from the top too. But I imagine they have a lot more help with the team. There are lots of great coaches at the coordinator level who are at that level for decades before being talked about as head coach and some never make the leap.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

I agree that the overall circumstances that come with being a head coach seem just a bit overwhelming for him. He was still the perfect person for getting to us to the point where he did.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,370

The assertion that Nicholas was solely responsible for our high level of penalties while he was at USF and/or responsible for the outcome of yesterday's game is absurd.

As for the latter, first off I think it was a bad call, since they were both scuffling. Second, keep in mind that was in the first half when the Falcons had the opportunity to adjust thereafter, but didn't.

Nicholas was one of our best defensive players ever. You might want to remember that.

Edited by tamiamibull05

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

hes a great linebacker

What's unfortunate about this is, since Leavitt was fired, his career has been ascending and our program has been descending. Hopefully we can get back up from our fall too!

I'd be happier if the 49ers won, but also wouldn't be devastated if the Ravens won.

Edited by tamiamibull05

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Think Leavitt is going to have nightmares of Ray Rice running roughshod through a defense?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Think Leavitt is going to have nightmares of Ray Rice running roughshod through a defense?

I will never forget that stiff arm he gave George Selvie.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I will never forget that stiff arm he gave George Selvie.

I had. Until now. Thanks for nuthin' bud!

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

The assertion that Nicholas was solely responsible for our high level of penalties while he was at USF and/or responsible for the outcome of yesterday's game is absurd.

As for the latter, first off I think it was a bad call, since they were both scuffling. Second, keep in mind that was in the first half when the Falcons had the opportunity to adjust thereafter, but didn't.

Nicholas was one of our best defensive players ever. You might want to remember that.

That wasn't the assertion...at all. The assertion was that Leavitt's teams often shot themselves in the foot with penalties. Was among the top penalized teams in college Division 1. Where did Nicholas go to school? Who was his coach? Where was his coach during the Falcon's game? Those were the only assertions I made and to imply that I meant that Nicholas was the reason USF was the most penalized D1 team is absurd. I said it must have been deja vu for Leavitt. It obviously was a both a just call and most inopportune time regardless if a SF player did the same thing later and wasn't penalized.