• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF @ Rutgirls tonight at 9 PM ESPN2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

Our schedule sucks this year also.

Syracuse, Louisville, Rutgers at 9 on Thursday night then back home for Georgetown definitely not the best way to start season

• Topic Count:  144
  • Content Count:  3,616

crazy we shot 50%. definitely didn't seem that way

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  366

Poland was wide open and he had the hot hand one extra pass,we might of been in over time.

Poland and Rudd are the best scorers on the team and he takes them out to much I honestly don't get this coach, I don't know maybe it's just me. He takes people in and out to much how can you even get going. Someone makes one mistake and he takes them out, even the best players make mistakes here and there. Poland was on fire like NBA Jams they should of ran isloation plays for him, I mean he shot 78% from the field today HELLOOOOO.

This is all true and has been brought up before this season with Stan. I have wondered that maybe that's why his players, especially the young players play tight at times. It's tough to always have to look over your shoulder after every mistake, no matter how small they are. The body language of the players going back to the bench and then have to listen to him lecture them is not good.

One of things that John Calipari has spoke about before is that he allows his players to play through their mistakes. He says that everybody is going to turn the ball over or miss an assignment. I wish I could find that visoe where he talks about those things better then I can write them.

I have seen him pull people all the time like that since he started coaching at USF, it's like Dude relax how about you try to play a whole game with out making a mistake. I think some of the players he has would of  done alot better playing for other teams just becuase of that reason. Since I played basketball in high school I can see how that can even mess with your confidence and you can't play to your full potential that way. One of those players is Poland.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

i've yet to be impressed by noreiga this season, people use the excuse that he's out, like he's going to come back and we're going to magically start scoring more. the guy hasn't been "on" from what i've seen. maybe i'm missing it, but he's going to make a few 3's, but even big fitzy makes a few 3's from time to time. we're not kansas or duke, the tall, lanky kid isn't going to come off the bench and turn a few open looks into a quick 9-12 points in a matter of minutes.

i can see this team trying to rebound at times - they know they're out bigged, but i do see the effort, it's just not enough without a proper big man or someone who can play bigger than they are.

perhaps the team will build as the schedule gets a little easier, but the big east is strong this year. the patsies we normally prey on are better (Prov, DP, SH, St. John's), and the mid tier teams like Rutgers have gotten better as well. The top teams aren't having "down" years like last year (Pitt, Villanova).

I do see help on the horizon, but I don't like when people have to keep pointing at the future. This guy is the future, that guy is the future, well we've been saying that about guys that are on this team, and the future gets here and minus last year's team, we're not getting over that hump. I don't want to call last year's team a fluke, because it was a legit honest good team, but the pundits are all waiting for USF to string together more than a random flash in the pan season here and there, and it's hard to defend it when we really are just small windows of above averageness and then follow it up with clunker seasons (and always with some talent returning)...

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  529

It seems to me that many here are WAY too quick to talk like the sky is falling. 

1.  Questioning the ability of the Big East coach of the year as voted by his peers.  I don't need to list his peers, they know good coaching better than ANYONE here.

2.  Setting your expectations based on the coaches preseason pep talk is a bad idea.  Heath knew we couldn't pound the boards and defend as well, so he wanted to run the ball more.  Season started and it was obvious we lost Ron Anderson.  His 8 boards a game would have been in addition to the boards we are already getting because he got the balls no one on our team could.  He had fundamental rebounding skills, knew how to gain position on defense under the basket and most of all he gave us senior leadership. 

3.  I do agree with one thing, and that is that Fitz is seriously strugling right now.  If that guy isn't hitting the three ball at 50%+ he is a liability.  He doesn't attack the rim, can't really jump, cant move his feet, and my four year old has better hands.  I love the guy and pull for him, and I thought he turned a corner earlier this year, but good competition has uncovered his faults.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  2

****. Brock is not the guy I wanted shooting that shot.

Poland or Rudd.

collins never wants to take the game winner...

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

I'm not off the bandwagon, i'm just frustrated...sure soccer is a good program consistently and women's basketball won an NIT. People outside of Tampa still don't know who the F*** USF is and until we can put together consistent winning seasons in basketball and football, that will still be the cae. I did not expect us to be a tournament team this year due to lack of size, but I did not expect for us to be a last place team. I am just growing a bit impatient with USF who can't seem to take advantage of any kind of success they have: Number 2 in the country-fall off the face of the world, FSU in our own building- lay a goose egg with a majority FSU fans present, Open new basketball building and have a sellout crowd- get stomped by your rival and have it filled with UCF chants, finally start building a basketball fanbase coming off of an NCAA tourney run for the first time in a decade- field one of your worst teams, pour tons of money into facilities - have the conference evaporate and recruiting plummet.... simply frustrating trying to get momentum going and to hang your hat on anything...

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Why most so many want instant gratification? How can you not look positively at basketball? Because they can't just reload like a powerhouse?

I hate when people say you have to be patient, because it comes off so petty and ****. But as long as we show progress next year I'll be okay.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

I believe next year will be better in football and basketball and this keeps me hanging on as a fan. I am sorry if I come off as petty at times, I am just frustrated because I feel that USF has all of the pieces but has of yet been unable to put the puzzle together. I hope this changes soon and we can get back to having success and recognition because I don't believe the fanbase as a whole can take it especially since we are measured against other more established in-state programs that are having loads of success consistently...I don't want USF to be seen as the red-headed step child any longer and university pride is at an all time low.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166

Beyond Collins I think this team just plays with a low basketball IQ. That end of the game sequence was awkward, to say the least.