• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Weiner Stays at Plant

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

Joey Johnston â€@JJohnstonTBO

Plant coach Robert Weiner: "I enjoyed every minute I was at #USF. It just wasn't many minutes"

Glad he can already joke around about it!

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

If you don't have a sense of humor, what do you have?

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I for one am glad that there are so many perfect people on TBP that have never done anything less than perfectly.

maybe its different in coaching, but in my line of work (commercial banking), once you say you are leaving a job, you go. if you "unquit" or accept a counter offer you become "marked" because management thinks you are always looking for a better gig.

-------------------------

I guess you missed my earlier dissertation.  The example you speak of is one employee leaving for the same job in another company.  These two jobs are worlds apart.

If you told your boss you were leaving your job to become CEO of Citibank, then came back two days later and said you'd rather stay where you are at and do not have those aspirations, do you really think your management would be upset and hold it against you?  

They would be exceedingly happy you decided to stay in your lowly position relative to CEO of Citibank.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Joey Johnston â€@JJohnstonTBO

Plant coach Robert Weiner: "I enjoyed every minute I was at #USF. It just wasn't many minutes"

Glad he can already joke around about it!

--------------------------------------

Should there be some mourning period?  

• Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

Take a job then quit the next day and joke around about it the same day? Not saying we should mourn, but he should not be so flippant about what he just did.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

I guess you missed my earlier dissertation.  The example you speak of is one employee leaving for the same job in another company.  These two jobs are worlds apart.

If you told your boss you were leaving your job to become CEO of Citibank, then came back two days later and said you'd rather stay where you are at and do not have those aspirations, do you really think your management would be upset and hold it against you?  

They would be exceedingly happy you decided to stay in your lowly position relative to CEO of Citibank.

Yeah your boss would be thrilled that you're staying (in this case Plant), but no one is contending that Plant isn't happy that he is staying.  I guarantee that the people who offered you the job you accepted then reneged on wouldn't be as thrilled.

Edited by WWMJD

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  818
  • Days Won:  2

Yeah your boss would be thrilled that you're staying (in this case Plant), but no one is contending that Plant isn't happy that he is staying.  I guarantee that the people who offered you the job you accepted then reneged on wouldn't be as thrilled.

If you have any reservations about taking the job, you don't. period. You get lumped into the same boat as Kelly at Oregon.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

Lack of maturity.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Lack of maturity.

Agreed... as I said on page 2 of this thread, this is something you expect out of a 17 year old, not a "classy" professional.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

Lack of maturity.

---------------------------

All that's lacking here is some Twitter action ...