• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach Taggart lands 4 star recruit Joe Fennel

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

Grades are a problem here felluhs.

He may not qualify and if so they will sign and place him. If he's that committed to Taggart (and he is - I read the Bulls 247 story) then he'll come back after two years in JUCO. Not sure how far off of qualifying he is either, but I'm sure Taggart knows.

Regardless, for him to have big name schools after him and for Taggart to get him to commit to WKU before changing to USF, that speaks volumes. Woodie also helps us here. I think Taggart will build a wicked recruiting staff and could really turn us into a power with the kind of recruits he can get.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  165

Just something to remember. Just because one of these websites say he has an offer from x and y doesn't mean that's the case. Each case is different... Again, he looks like a great player- not trying to be a buzz kill.

Well your killing mine boss.

Kidding aside, a dominant o line is something I don't recall seeing here...ever?

It's probably because we never had a power running scheme since maybe Andre hall

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,523

Whether he's here in the spring or in two years, to get the commitment against the others on that list are showing you the difference between a coach who can sell himself to kids and one who couldn't.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  445
  • Days Won:  1

Good get. I have a feeling the kid will get the grades needed. I don't think Taggart takes a chance if he doesn't believe that. But either way solid solid get. Driving the bus in to Miami Hurricane territory. I like a lot.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  173

Leavitt used to do this every season -- get the kid to sign, find out he can't qualify, throw em in a good Juco program, and have them come back with plenty of playing experience and the grade problem resolved.

It is important for a coach to take some chances in recruiting like this (assuming the guy has qualifying issues)--- and it never hurts recruiting others guys when they see a team attracting other quality players. Glad to see him out there busting arse already-- more than I remember seeing when Holtz came on board-- all his stories were about recruits deciding to go elsewhere or him complaining about the quality of the class we had setup already. Granted-- two different time periods involved-- Holtz came in with almost no time left-- while Taggart was hired quickly (good work by Woolard imo) and has hit the ground running during a key time to get guys to flip or commit.

haven't seen anything I don't like about this coach so far-- he is ahead of Holtz (as far as I'm concerned) but let's not forget he has a hell of a head start on him too.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

And that idiot on 620 always speed about the number of kids that didn't qualify under Leavitt. Leavitt signed more knowing they wouldn't be here as FR.

Fired up for Willie's efforts.

• Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

This kid is a beast. Glad to see Coach T getting some 300lb + kids for the O-Line.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

Love the new coach! Sounds like we are gearing up to play some real tough football for a change.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

great news

but i will be elated on feb 6 when the signatures are in

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Leavitt used to do this every season -- get the kid to sign, find out he can't qualify, throw em in a good Juco program, and have them come back with plenty of playing experience and the grade problem resolved.

It is important for a coach to take some chances in recruiting like this (assuming the guy has qualifying issues)--- and it never hurts recruiting others guys when they see a team attracting other quality players. Glad to see him out there busting arse already-- more than I remember seeing when Holtz came on board-- all his stories were about recruits deciding to go elsewhere or him complaining about the quality of the class we had setup already. Granted-- two different time periods involved-- Holtz came in with almost no time left-- while Taggart was hired quickly (good work by Woolard imo) and has hit the ground running during a key time to get guys to flip or commit.

haven't seen anything I don't like about this coach so far-- he is ahead of Holtz (as far as I'm concerned) but let's not forget he has a hell of a head start on him too.

i am hoping taggert will show usf what a real recruiter can do

leavitt wasnt a good recruiter