• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This could be the end of the Big East

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

A Big East split 'could happen,' source says

http://www.philly.co..._to_Split_.html

This is all I want for Christmas... as the article stated even with the loss of the non-football schools the remaining Big East football schools would still stand to make considerably more TV money then they would otherwise be able to make in a lower conference. Also the article mentioned that Temple's voting rights can be made mute by some kind of Big East voting clause. The article did not go into detail about what that clause is or what it says.

I'm on board with this... once the basketball schools are gone the football schools can then bring ECU on-board as a full member, and offer an invite for full membership to Boise and San Diego, assuming they don't bolt for the PAC or run back to the MWC. The Big East football schools can also reach out to BYU and bring them on board... if I remember correctly the basketball schools ruined the deal with BYU the first time over the issue of BYU TV rights for their basketball and Olympic sports.

Right now the Big East football schools need to do everything in their power to keep Boise and San Diego happy, perhaps give them a % more of the TV $$ or something, lure BYU into the conference, and keep the Big East name/history.

They can let the basketball schools have the rights to Madison Square Gardens since its a basketball venue anyway. I'm sure we can get another one in another major market that better fits our new Southeast / Southwest footprint. Afterall we have the following cities where a new Big East Tourney can be held...

(1) Tampa/St. Pete

(2) New Orleans

(3) Cincinnati

(4) Houston

(5) Carolina's (Charlotte)

(6) Philly

(7) Dallas

(8) Orlando

Travel for the olympic sports would be an issue. Having the tennis team travel from San Diego to Tampa or North Carolina is a cost issue.

Host Olympic sports in Texas.

every game would be an away game for every team. twice as much travel and hotel expenses. have fun never going to another basketball, baseball or soccer game again.

suggesting boise or san diego state could be a full member is moronic. not only would costs be an issue but these are actually studnets that need to attend class. it's one thing for football that plays once a week but basketball has a few games a week. one trip out west and they misss several days of classes.

Well then you have pointed out our main issue and why Boise and San Diego are probably looking at staying in the MWC, also you have pointed out why we will never be able to get BYU.

In essence our best shot now is for the ACC to get heavily gutted by the Big10 and SEC so that the Big East and ACC can merge into a new 16 team conference.

If the rumors of... the B16 taking Virginia/UNC, the SEC taking VT/NCSU, and the B12 taking FSU/Clemson are true then the ACC could be gutted long before the start of the next season.

Edited by Bubba Bull

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

The Big East should be heavily talking to those BB schools with football teams in 1aa, about moving up, getting them on schedule to join the conference. They may be BB schools, but some like Villanova do have football teams.

Georgetown is the only other BB school that I know of that plays football. Have you seen their stadium?

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  0

The BB schools seem pretty much fed up with all this and look to blow this whole thing up...hope JG is working the phone again. Boise and SD State will back out and any TV contract will go out the window.

More drama!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

This is all I want for Christmas... as the article stated even with the loss of the non-football schools the remaining Big East football schools would still stand to make considerably more TV money then they would otherwise be able to make in a lower conference. Also the article mentioned that Temple's voting rights can be made mute by some kind of Big East voting clause. The article did not go into detail about what that clause is or what it says.

I'm on board with this... once the basketball schools are gone the football schools can then bring ECU on-board as a full member, and offer an invite for full membership to Boise and San Diego, assuming they don't bolt for the PAC or run back to the MWC. The Big East football schools can also reach out to BYU and bring them on board... if I remember correctly the basketball schools ruined the deal with BYU the first time over the issue of BYU TV rights for their basketball and Olympic sports.

Right now the Big East football schools need to do everything in their power to keep Boise and San Diego happy, perhaps give them a % more of the TV $$ or something, lure BYU into the conference, and keep the Big East name/history.

They can let the basketball schools have the rights to Madison Square Gardens since its a basketball venue anyway. I'm sure we can get another one in another major market that better fits our new Southeast / Southwest footprint. Afterall we have the following cities where a new Big East Tourney can be held...

(1) Tampa/St. Pete

(2) New Orleans

(3) Cincinnati

(4) Houston

(6) Philly

(7) Dallas

(8) Orlando

Travel for the olympic sports would be an issue. Having the tennis team travel from San Diego to Tampa or North Carolina is a cost issue.

every game would be an away game for every team. twice as much travel and hotel expenses. have fun never going to another basketball, baseball or soccer game again.

suggesting boise or san diego state could be a full member is moronic. not only would costs be an issue but these are actually studnets that need to attend class. it's one thing for football that plays once a week but basketball has a few games a week. one trip out west and they misss several days of classes.

Settle down, I was only joking.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

(1) Tampa/St. Pete

(2) New Orleans

(3) Cincinnati

(4) Houston

(6) Philly

(7) Dallas

(8) Orlando

Settle down, I was only joking.

that's what i thought but with that guy dixie you never know.