• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Cosh is UNDER CONTRACT for 2013!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

That's until Randy Shannon walks in the door and has Cosh go get dry cleaning

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

Money may be an issue. Don't be shocked if Coach Cosh is retained for 1 year until his contract is up. He may not be the coordinator, but we may not be willing to pay him to not work.

The one saving grace, his contract allows us to deduct any money he earns as an assistant somewhere else from what we pay him, so if we do let him go, then we can hope he gets a relatively good paying job to reduce our liability to him.

If you read all the doom and gloom about the Big East, and its next TV deal then you understand why every penny may need to be watched. I am pretty sure USF still has a lot of debt to pay on all the new facilities ... and if the tv revenue is 80% less than what was projected .... and salaries keep going up (head football coach excluded) .... and ticket and donation revenue appears to be heading down in the future ..... then where will the money come from to pay assistant football coaches to not coach?

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I would tend to believe that the decision as to whether he stays or goes will rest with Taggart, unless it was agreed before CWT took the job to retain Cosh. Also, would Cosh still want to be coaching under CWT especially if he gets demoted?

Lots of questions still unanswered there.

Have to wait and see when the dead period starts what CWT is going to do regarding HIS staff at USF.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

I would tend to believe that the decision as to whether he stays or goes will rest with Taggart, unless it was agreed before CWT took the job to retain Cosh. Also, would Cosh still want to be coaching under CWT especially if he gets demoted?

Have to wait and see when the dead period starts what CWT is going to do regarding HIS staff at USF.

Absolutely agree that it is Coach Taggart's decision, unless this was told to him as a condition of taking the job. (For example, I read somewhere that a condition was that scholarship offers had to be honored .....which is the right thing to do)

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Absolutely agree that it is Coach Taggart's decision, unless this was told to him as a condition of taking the job. (For example, I read somewhere that a condition was that scholarship offers had to be honored .....which is the right thing to do)

Especially the closer we get to February. Some schools have already filled their recruiting allotments. This is the first time I can remember (and I may be wrong) that we've had so many scholarships to offer in one year.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

There is still a lot of work to be done on the recruiting front. Taggart has not put a new staff together yet. Until someone is in place to handle Cosh's responsibilities, why would you let him go now and leave that work with no one to do it? Makes no sense.

I'm sure Cosh will be relieved of his DC duties once a replacement is in place. If not, you're still paying him so you may as well keep him doing something.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Virginia Tech (Student Asst.)

Minnesota (Graduate Asst.)

Wisconsin–Oshkosh (DC)

Southeast Missouri (DC)

UNLV (LB)

Minnesota (DL)

Illinois (LB)

Illinois (LB & Asst. HC)

Illinois(LB & DC)

Maryland (LB)

Michigan State (DC)

South Carolina (LB)

South Carolina (LB & DC)

Kansas State (LB)

Maryland (LB & DC)

Kansas State (Co-DC & Asst HC)

Kansas State (DC & Asst HC)

USF (DC)

What about LB coach?

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Virginia Tech (Student Asst.)

Minnesota (Graduate Asst.)

Wisconsin–Oshkosh (DC)

Southeast Missouri (DC)

UNLV (LB)

Minnesota (DL)

Illinois (LB)

Illinois (LB & Asst. HC)

Illinois(LB & DC)

Maryland (LB)

Michigan State (DC)

South Carolina (LB)

South Carolina (LB & DC)

Kansas State (LB)

Maryland (LB & DC)

Kansas State (Co-DC & Asst HC)

Kansas State (DC & Asst HC)

USF (DC)

What about LB coach?

Could work, I guess. Our LB's were nothing to celebrate this year...

Would he give full effort, I wonder?

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Rashard Cliett seemed to have a pretty decent year, too. Lattimore is the one who kind of dropped off.