• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Official Assistant Coaches Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I  like how our S and C coach's name is Hans ...

And an assistant named Tyson!!  

mike-tyson-facts.jpg

Hopefully this part will be taken care of now:

strong, hungry, fit, and MEAN!!!!

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Yowza!!!!!!!!!!

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Smartest thing Tyson ever said:

Everyone has a plan until they are hit

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

soooo.....are we waiting on another coach?

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

I want that HS coach in Arkansas that never punts and only kicks onsides kicks to be our ST coach. He has dozens of onsides plays.

I'd make him run traditional ST next year. But if we get our ball control offense and fix the defense, we'd be famous and sportscenter would love us. . . . Everybody loves insides kicks.

Otherwise we need blue turf to get noticed in this era of killing college football's "middle class"

I want that HS coach in Arkansas that never punts and only kicks onsides kicks to be our ST coach. He has dozens of onsides plays.

I'd make him run traditional ST next year. But if we get our ball control offense and fix the defense, we'd be famous and sportscenter would love us. . . . Everybody loves insides kicks.

Otherwise we need blue turf to get noticed in this era of killing college football's "middle class"

Got a link? Not being a dickhead, I'm curious.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

No offense taken

Playing on my phone. Saw a thing a few months ago on HBO REAL SPORTS about the guy. Takes like a Billy Beane Moneyball approach to football and categorized all punts and kick offs as turnovers

I'll log in later and link something

No offense taken

Playing on my phone. Saw a thing a few months ago on HBO REAL SPORTS about the guy. Takes like a Billy Beane Moneyball approach to football and categorized all punts and kick offs as turnovers

I'll log in later and link something

Thanks, man, I'll appreciate it.

Even with the Jim, but more so with the Skippy, we have had so few trick plays. One of the things that fans love to see is trick plays.

It was a big part of Banditball, and it was certainly a big part of Boise's offense.

I want an AWESOME special teams coach.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Interesting take by that coach, but the numbers change in college, then change again in the pros.  He's taking advantage of the fact that the high school game is less refined.

I think that college and pro teams should punt less often, but zero would be a net negative.

One other thing I noticed is that he didn't really finish his statistics.  For example, punting inside your own territory can still make sense if you are reducing the opponent advantage from 92% to 77%, depending how often you are successful/unsuccessful at converting the 4th down.