• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I'm on the bus!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,089
  • Days Won:  469

Posted some pics from the presser in the gallery.

Brad you might want to move them to another folder though. For some reason I can't figure out how to add an album.

gallery_7605_4_26462.jpg

swamprat, I can't move the pictures to the Taggart album, would you mind re-uploading? Then I will delete the others. Let me know on this thread. Thanks!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

In the words of Gary Shelton

" A new coach has never lost his introductory news conference."

Now, let's see what sort of patience we - here in the inner sanctum - have going forward.

Hopefully this turns out to be a great move for USF, something to show that the ship has been righted.

^this^

I want to believe just as much as the next guy-- and hell yeah it's good to have some raw emotion and up beat conversation for a change with USF football. But we have a looooooong way to go on a very bumpy road folks. Try to hang on

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

I felt an incredible amount of optimism coming into the football season. Lots of talent, lots to prove. Lots to make up for. I quickly found that we would be falling.. far short of our lofty expectations. And though it sucked, really sucked, its okay, largely in part because of the charisma Taggy brings that we did not seem to have in Holtz.

At the very least, the first season will be built up and will be exciting as a direct result. Another expectation, given the small sample size we have of Taggy's tenure at USF, is that players, prospects, recruits, and high school coaches are excited for Taggart to be here. I am under the impression that the local impact of hiring Taggy will be monumental. Primarily in that his connection to the students and his own personal story with be able to be translated to the potential recruits. True, the majority of recruiting will be done by his staff, but the looks of it is that his staff will also be a lot of Florida-grown coaches who have a pedigree in selling themselves to FL recruits. In the ones he pulls from WKU alongside him (Blackwell, for example), they will all have the ability to share their desire to come home and be amongst their family and friends. They can sell that package to the kids in the Tampa area, largely because they themselves know what its like to be far away from home.

Its a matter of time, sure, but we'll get a good idea about how our next season will be before the silent period begins. And from there? the future will be more or less in relatively plain view once the summer begins and recruiting fires up for 2014.

Edited by Breedwell

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

On Coach T's recommended reading:

"Good to Great"

Coach T will get the right people in their correct seats.

Fired up!

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  0

Press conference was incredible. I was able to be there in person, and lots of students showed up. Conference room was overflowing. Also free food lol. Taggart was great, but the press conference seemed subdued compared to the very lavish ceremony Holtz had back in 2010 (http://www2.wfla.com/mgmedia/image/0/354/28206/usf-introduces-skip-holtz123/).

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Best line I heard "No Excuses"!

How refreshing. I'm on the bus!

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  1,219
  • Days Won:  0

"Let Coach T drive the bus."

Definitely, a fist in the air moment.

Then again, remember three years ago when our new head coach said, “That’s why we’re here.â€

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Sorry, but the bus is for players only, lol. But I do like how he said they were going to fill Ray Jay. Man, he doesn't know Tampa fans. Look at the Bucs. They finally are going to have a sell out this week, not because the Bucs are doing so much better than last year but due to the 10 year anniversary of the Super Bowl season, marking the win against Philly.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

The fans need to find their seats also!

He needs us to be on it to help win! Not for the ride.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

The fans need to find their seats also!

He needs us to be on it to help win! Not for the ride.

Go BULLS !!!

Yeah, well, lol, I heard get the players on the bus, get the players in the right seat...