• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Willie Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  87
  • Days Won:  0

Dunno if it was really said above, but the rumors are its a done deal.

So whether you weren't too sure about him or not, now's the time to have his back.

e: By rumors I mean apparently HS coaches are talking about him already locked in.

really i haven't seen anything saying its done. all ive seen is that we met with him last night and we were wowed. if it went so great he'd have a contract on his desk right now

Could be negotiating and working out details (compensation, assistant coach salary pool, etc). But I'll wait to hear something substantial instead of just 100% accepting some twitter rumors.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

So whether you weren't too sure about him or not, now's the time to have his back.

e: By rumors I mean apparently HS coaches are talking about him already locked in.

really i haven't seen anything saying its done. all ive seen is that we met with him last night and we were wowed. if it went so great he'd have a contract on his desk right now

Could be negotiating and working out details (compensation, assistant coach salary pool, etc). But I'll wait to hear something substantial instead of just 100% accepting some twitter rumors.

see but if thats the case, then we wouldve heard that or at least a rumor of that. but nothing.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

We bring in Taggert, our team will be better sooner than other coaches we bring in b/c of the recruits we bring in. We might be able to keep AW and bring in some other talented players we couldn't get w/ CSH.

I'd rather have cord Sandberg from bradenton manatee. pipe dream I'm sure.

Doesn't Sandburg have MLB potential and likely to be drafted?

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I get all the excitement and that he's hot right now. But give me some numbers. Throw some facts out there. Holtz was a hot commodity back then and I don't wanna fall for that again.

Holtz wasn't a hot commodity. we hired late in the process and he was still available. we had no real competition for him.

And now we know why...

This is not true. He was a hot commodity at the time and many people thought is was a very good hire for USF.

I guess hot commodity is subjective lol. I don't believe he was a hot commodity or an in demand coach. He was highly respected and many of us thought he could work here. We were wrong. He is still a great person nonetheless and will coach at some point in the future.

agreed. I don't think his style works with the players that are available to us. I see him as more of a midwestern guy. conservative.

The "system" worked pretty darn well at Stanford against the Pac-10/12. Somehow I don't see it as an issue in the BE/ACC.

I was talking about Holtz system. his conservative coaching style. think of all the past top fsu, uf, and miami teams. they were brash. not conservative.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Haven't we already learned how hush hush we keep things? Didn't we just go through this like a week ago when nobody knew what was going on until it happened?

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

We bring in Taggert, our team will be better sooner than other coaches we bring in b/c of the recruits we bring in. We might be able to keep AW and bring in some other talented players we couldn't get w/ CSH.

I'd rather have cord Sandberg from bradenton manatee. pipe dream I'm sure.

Doesn't Sandburg have MLB potential and likely to be drafted?

he is but if he goes college football he is a committ for mullen at mississippi state.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863

Haha, I pay to get my insider scoop. They can be wrong but eh, they've been pretty good so far.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761

Haha, I pay to get my insider scoop. They can be wrong but eh, they've been pretty good so far.

247 Sports lol? or Rivals haha

or since you have only 30 posts and only joined Nov 19 are you secretly Willie Taggart lol?

Edited by usfvictor

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863

Haha 247 actually. I joined there about 6 months ago, I got really into recruiting over the summer and they had good stuff.

Actually didn't hear about TBP until about a month ago. Had I known there was a free USF enthusiast board out there i'd have probably went here first.

And no, I'm not Willie T. Haha.