• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Most important facet of next USF football coach must be . .

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

yea you guys have it allll figured out..must recruit florida well..very good quality..recruits florida well and has a strong defensive mind..likes i-form running...blah blah blah blah blah..Hire the coach who is going to INFLUENCE kids to want to play for him. Hire a coach who paints the picture to the next usf qb saying this is what you will do under my coaching. You will throw for 20 plus td's...A good coach will recruit florida well. You do not need florida ties to recruit florida well. You need a history of coaching that kids appeal to. That kids see results in. Immediate turn around is to hire a coach who understands how to spread the field.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

.. a strong ability to recruit Florida.

I don't know why people think its such a priority to "recruit Florida" specifically. I don't care where the recruits come from as long as they can play football at a high level.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

.. a strong ability to recruit Florida.

I don't know why people think its such a priority to "recruit Florida" specifically. I don't care where the recruits come from as long as they can play football at a high level.

$$$

USF doesn't have the money to recruit the entire US scouring the globe for good recruits. There is plenty of talent in FL, huge bang for your buck by staying local.

In my opinion, this was one of Skip's biggest off-field issues (he had serious on-field issues too)... He didn't have recruiting ties here before, and wasn't able to build them it doesn't seem.

bingo...florida hasnt done so well when your not UF..the big picture is getting kids to your school based on the style of football you play. FSU MIAMI AND UF..will always get the best off tradition alone..so were never going to get anymore than the occasional steal until we have reached that status. For now we must start playing a style of football that kids want to play in. OFFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!! usually does it.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  1

Intense devotion to the Green and Gold with a "chip on the shoulder" fire in the belly like we are used to, like we miss.

+1

Local tampa sensation signs with usf to lead the bulls offense into the new generation under head coach willie taggert said no high school player ever.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

A passion for WINNING. Ability and will to beat the piss out of the opponent.

For fucks sake...Skip has a passion for winning. He just couldn't do it here for whatever reason.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Yeah I think wed be hard pressed to find a guy who doesn't have a passion for winning

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  4,642

florida recruiting. end of story.

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777

Experienced at BCS Level

Consistent winner

Passionate