• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Houston Nutt interested in USF

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

1) Gee let me think... Sonny Dykes, Quinn, Butch Davis, Bobby Petrino, Stoops, Smart, and even Tressel come to mind as more successful options. Before we begin interviewing and giving job offers to Sun Belt coaches we need to work our way through proven "big league" talent first.

You need to be realistic in your list.

Dykes - Hasn't been on anyones list... don't know why but he's on NO ONES list... ponder that.

Quinn - Is very happy at UF and has said that he's only leaving for a NFL job where he has play calling responsability

Davis - Apparently isn't willing to commit long term/asking too much money

Petrino - Prior issues could be a problem moving to a future conference

Stoops - already at UK

Smart - Just re-signed with Bama yesterday... not going anywhere

Tressel - Can't afford/Prior issues

You're top 3 names last night were Taggart, Cristobal and Morris... in that order. Cristobal is probably out with today's events... That's your reality.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Everything that I am hearing, which is public to all, is that it is WT.

I hope that this is not true given that far better options are on the table, most of which who we have yet to contact.

If we do end up getting Taggart and not contacting other better coaches then we had better spend a lot of money on some good coordinators... I mean good coordinators. Anything less then Randy Shannon and Larry Coker level coordinators will be a kick in the teeth.

1) Who is "better" than Taggart that we should contact thats a legit option?

2) Whats a "Larry Coker" level coordinator? Someone who is currently a head coach with a 7 year contract that pays more than we've ever paid an assistant?

1) Gee let me think... Sonny Dykes, Quinn, Butch Davis, Bobby Petrino, Stoops, Smart, and even Tressel come to mind as more successful options. Before we begin interviewing and giving job offers to Sun Belt coaches we need to work our way through proven "big league" talent first.

2) A Larry Coker coordinator is a big name coordinator that can come in and turn their side of the ball around instantly. Coker is making the same amount a year that we currently pay our coordinators and he was the right hand man of Butch Davis when he made Miami into a National Championship team back in the late 1990's. There are plenty of great coordinators that have washed out as head coaches currently coaching FCS schools for pennies. If we want to get to the next level then we will need proven next level talent at the coordinator spots regardless of who we hire.

So of your 7 choices: 1 would result in penalties for USF just for hiring him (Tressel), 1 is a walking list of sanctions (Davis), 1 is a world renown scumbag (Petrino), 1 has flat out said he's not coming to USF (Quinn).

I agree Dykes is worth contacting, and though a longshot, you have to kick the tires on him. Stoops, eh, I don't see him being even remotely a better option that Taggart. And Kirby Smart is going to be able to pick his school and salary whenever he wants, USF is not in his future.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Dykes - Hasn't been on anyones list... don't know why but he's on NO ONES list... ponder that.

Quinn - Is very happy at UF and has said that he's only leaving for a NFL job where he has play calling responsability

Stoops - already at UK

You're top 3 names last night were Taggart, Cristobal and Morris... in that order. Cristobal is probably out with today's events... That's your reality.

Cal is looking hard at Dykes

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442

I stand corrected... hadn't heard anyone mention him till now. Thanks!! #TheMoreYouKnow

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Stoops - already at UK

Not to mention too, that Morris is already making like $1.3M, right? We won't be able to pay much more than that, so may not be that much incentive for him to leave for our HC position.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Raheem Morris?

Zack

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044

Raheem Morris?

Zack

Ha! Nice one. It's the Clemson OC Chad Morris

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  165
  • Days Won:  0

I think the public announcement of Houston Nutt interviewing is just a smokescreen. he doesnt seem like a logistic fit here, whether it be as a FB coach or just from a community/school representative standpoint

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  334
  • Days Won:  0

Greg Aumanâ€@gregauman

Checked in with Houston Nutt again today. Said he has not heard from USF since initial conversation, no interview scheduled at this point.