• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coaches you would like to see replace Skip (If he leaves)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,629
  • Days Won:  0

Butch Davis is not coming here either. With all his recruiting violations and his contract that he had at NC. I don't think he is allowed to coach in the pro's or college without paying some outrageous fee to North Carolina because it would violate his contract or something of that nature. Same reason he isn't actually coaching for the Bucs. He is just an advisor

Edited by NinjaPenguin777

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  399

Bumped for the nonbelievers...

More like attention whoring.

Think he's a lousy pick. He's of the old guard, USF needs to find the next rising star. I doubt, given how he flamed out like Holtz, that he'd be picked to succeed him.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  4,642

oh God. please no.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Can someone edit the title of this thread?

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  208
  • Days Won:  1

Butch Davis is not coming here either. With all his recruiting violations and his contract that he had at NC. I don't think he is allowed to coach in the pro's or college without paying some outrages fee to North Carolina because it would violate his contract or something of that nature. Same reason he isn't actually coaching for the Bucs. He is just an advisor

I think he can take any coaching job he wants, but UNC won't have to pay him anymore if he does and he seems hell-bent on making UNC pay fully for what he considered to be an unjust termination.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Canales?

Already has ties

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I think Petrino is the obvious choice.

1) He made a mistake by fooling around with a girl at work. If this is a disqualifier for coaches at universities, probably half the coaches in the country, fail the test. He tried to do the right thing by falling on his sword. Not a pretty sight, no real good way to handle something like this.

2) has run great offensive football programs at the National level. Tom Coughlin called him the":best offensive play caller" ive ever been around.

3) Was brought to the Falcons to QB coach arguably one of the highest ceiling QB athletes in NFL history. Coached Ryan Mallett to be one of the most impressive college QB's in the country. With High upside AW coming in, who better to take a talent like that to neteoric levels.

4) has the name recognition to bring in a top flight assistant coaching staff.

He is slightly damaged goods as are we. It's a match made in heaven. Hire him tonight.

Problem with your number one reason is that he hired said mistress thus abusing his power. So I think this makes him a big no! As well he would be a one and done. We need a program builder and not a one and done.

Woolard needs to get off his high horse. BP is a human being, end of story. He is a hell of a football coach and a program who emphasizes "integrity" is gonna hire him. Other than the inflammatory media, no one seem to think that Bobby is a bad actor. His players loved him, those that worked with him thought he was a genius and other than a media that makes money off of sensationalism, no one really thinks that what he did was so terrible. Look past the surface coverage and find the real man inside the story. Edited by Bullwinkle

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Can someone edit the title of this thread?

Add (Old totally unsubstantiated rumor)?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,629

Butch Davis is not coming here either. With all his recruiting violations and his contract that he had at NC. I don't think he is allowed to coach in the pro's or college without paying some outrageous fee to North Carolina because it would violate his contract or something of that nature. Same reason he isn't actually coaching for the Bucs. He is just an advisor

I think he can take any coaching job he wants, but UNC won't have to pay him anymore if he does and he seems hell-bent on making UNC pay fully for what he considered to be an unjust termination.

Ok yea I knew it was something like that. Forgot it was that he just wouldn't get paid. I know he can take any job. I just couldn't remember the reason he wouldn't take an actually coaching job

Edited by NinjaPenguin777

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Canales?

Already has ties

lol f that