• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Embrace the Suck

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Bubba Bull has demonstrated emotional leadership on this issue. We all work through the five Kubler-Ross stages of grief at different rates. When we first learn of an impending death (USF's football program being relegated to the bush leagues), we:

1. Deny it - Surely something will work out - we'll fire the coach and start winning, we'll get an invite to a major conference;

2. Get angry - IT'S NOT FAIR!!! WE'RE SUPPOSED TO BE IMPORTANT!

3. Start Bargaining - OK, well maybe someone will take both us and UCF because of the TV market, maybe FSU will bolt the ACC and we'll get it, maybe if this, maybe if that...

4. Get depressed - this sucks. We suck. The dream is over. The ship has sunk.

5. Acceptance - we EMBRACE THE SUCK.

Thanks Bubba Bull for leading the way.

Just doing my part to share my journey through the 5 stages of grief with those that are a few stages behind me.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078

Bubba Bull has demonstrated emotional leadership on this issue. We all work through the five Kubler-Ross stages of grief at different rates. When we first learn of an impending death (USF's football program being relegated to the bush leagues), we:

1. Deny it - Surely something will work out - we'll fire the coach and start winning, we'll get an invite to a major conference;

2. Get angry - IT'S NOT FAIR!!! WE'RE SUPPOSED TO BE IMPORTANT!

3. Start Bargaining - OK, well maybe someone will take both us and UCF because of the TV market, maybe FSU will bolt the ACC and we'll get it, maybe if this, maybe if that...

4. Get depressed - this sucks. We suck. The dream is over. The ship has sunk.

5. Acceptance - we EMBRACE THE SUCK.

Thanks Bubba Bull for leading the way.

So when the next silver hammer goes bang bang on our collective heads with the next big announcement, may we contact you for therapy?

JUST WIN!

I personally don't care where we end up. USF apparently cannot win in the old Big East. Now, I'm not saying that playing lesser talent is that much of an improvement, but I'm sick and tired of losing.

I do NOT think this is the end of the world, and I certainly would rather win some games over the crapfest we've endured the last two years.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda, don't matter. USF has NEVER come close to winning a conference championship, so maybe it's best if we back-off a little bit, regroup, and in time get to where we all want the program to go.

Pointing fingers and wearing "we suck" patches won't help anything at this point. Come back next year and be proud of your school.(Hopefully without Holtz)

GO BULLS!

I'm proud of my school but hate those that are in charge of it... they are inept boobs that are obviously not qualified to run a Taco Bell much less a major University.

The ETS patch is not directed at USF or the players, its directed at the Administration. Its like a brown bag... nobody is wearing one because they are ashamed of USF or the players, and only wear them because they are upset with those that run the team or the school and want them gone.

ETS's patches and brown bags are all forms of dissent. If I get season tickets next season, and we suck again, then I will be wearing my patch and a brown bag. I will be wearing both not because I'm ashamed of USF or the players but because I loath the HC and the Admin.

Posting on TBP is not enough since its obvious that Skip, Doug, and Judy ignore it. I mean come on, USF pushes Temple Terrace into doing a Skip Holtz day given how bad he has screwed up??!! Its obvious to me that USF's admin and their marketing dept. is delusional and needs a stronger message of dissatisfaction sent to them then angry social media posts online.

So while they won't see my patch, that is more of something for me personally, they will see the bag on my head, and since the media loves to get pictures of people in paper bags for the news broadcasts when a team sucks, its the best way to reach out and slap Doug, Judy, Skip, and the nutcases in the Marketing dept. across the back of their heads and ruin their "fantasy land" propiganda campaign where Skip Holtz is some great coach worthy of having his own holiday, raises, and contract extensions.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  167

I will believe it when I see it--- that is when i see you accept it and stop posting endless theories and bashing of the administration.

you not only embrace the suck-- you seem to live for it

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

I am embracing the suck. If we don't move into a new conference in the next two years we will have lost any advantage we had over our new conference mates.

We still have hope, we can still make a bowl if we are the best of the no bodys.

Edit: well, if we get rid of skip there is hope.

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  197
  • Days Won:  0

USF needs to win and continue with their plans (My only fear is they do not have any), Cancelling season tickets is the worst thing we can all do, I know its easier said then done but we have to stay the course. USF still has tremendous, off the chart potential for growth, and come the next chance we need to be in a position to take the call. We are in the 13th largest media market, and our a top 10 univesity in terms of enrollment, the potential for fans is clearly here. Judy has also done a great job improving academics and securing research dollars, if she can somehow improve the 6 year graduation rate then we will be as good a candidate as anyone for the AAU.

Administration needs to continue to support the program, they have showed commitment by updating the other sports facilities but now its time to lay the football plans in place. Its football thats driving this whole show, I for one would feel a lot more confidence if I knew there was a 5-10 year plan.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,099
  • Days Won:  39

I am interested in how they plan on selling this crappy product for next year.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

USF needs to win and continue with their plans (My only fear is they do not have any), Cancelling season tickets is the worst thing we can all do, I know its easier said then done but we have to stay the course. USF still has tremendous, off the chart potential for growth, and come the next chance we need to be in a position to take the call. We are in the 13th largest media market, and our a top 10 univesity in terms of enrollment, the potential for fans is clearly here. Judy has also done a great job improving academics and securing research dollars, if she can somehow improve the 6 year graduation rate then we will be as good a candidate as anyone for the AAU.

Administration needs to continue to support the program, they have showed commitment by updating the other sports facilities but now its time to lay the football plans in place. Its football thats driving this whole show, I for one would feel a lot more confidence if I knew there was a 5-10 year plan.

Now that our stadium doesn't have to match Minnesota's, since we're no longer one of the big boys, can we lay down plans for a 40K expandable OCS? :stirpot:

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,099
  • Days Won:  39

Now that our stadium doesn't have to match Minnesota's, since we're no longer one of the big boys, can we lay down plans for a 40K expandable OCS? :stirpot:

Now THAT would be something to look forward to for the fans. We have to start building a tradition around the campus.

I will believe it when I see it--- that is when i see you accept it and stop posting endless mind blowing facts theories and bashing calling out of the administration.

Fixed it for ya...

• Downvote 1