• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Holtz on the Hooter Hotline this AM

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  193
  • Days Won:  0

Every team in the country has injuries and most don't point to them as excuses.

Too be fair the loss of BJ is a huge loss for USF. It made out offense as bad as our defense.

However, we were 3-6 with BJ as the starter (counting the Connecticut game he was hurt in), so it's not like the injuries made us any worse.

to be fair

holtz should have recruited a top qb in each of last 3 years

HE RECRUITED NO ONE

Top tier talent isn't lining up to come to USF, but I'm with you, a 3 star QB or even a 2 star should be recruited every year. If I was a HC somewhere, I would have 1 QB in every recruiting class. Sometimes those 2 and 3 star guys turn out to be diamonds in the rough. Look at Aaron Rogers, he had to go to JUCO because no one offered him, now he's arguably one of the best QBs in the NFL

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

A. Woulard is Skips saving grace.

We need DB's and a pass rush more than we need a QB at this point. We should have taken a 3 star QB every year skip was here. Brion Carnes should have been the first (not to mention we might have gotten Ace Sanders with him).

Too pile on to Skip's inept QB recruiting. We had a guy that could have probably helped immensely with inroads at Armwood and the surrounding area that Skip flat out refused to give a QB shot to in Josh Grady. Eventually Grady went to Vandy b/c they gave him a shot at QB and guess what? Grady is a WR at Vandy. Skip is a complete fool to not give Grady a legit shot at QB and transition him to Safety after his redshirt year.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

We need DB's and a pass rush more than we need a QB at this point. We should have taken a 3 star QB every year skip was here. Brion Carnes should have been the first (not to mention we might have gotten Ace Sanders with him).

I hope I am wrong, but with the downward spiral (conference & football program) he is not sticking. If we make it out of the BE alive into a top conference, then he sticks. Just my two cents.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

We need to upgrade at COACH !

Exactly. We need to recruit a new head coach.

I hope I am wrong, but with the downward spiral (conference & football program) he is not sticking. If we make it out of the BE alive into a top conference, then he sticks. Just my two cents.

I doubt we learn of USF's ultimate fate until well after he's enrolled here or elsewhere.

All the twitter guys and media are talking like there are going to be 10 or more schools moving over the next month or two, but the reality is that IF anything more than the ACC adds UConn or the Ville, it could be several months to several years down the pike.

Judy better have a miracle up her sleeve like she did getting USF in the Big East.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Hmm... losing BJ was huge, but Leavitt had to play 9 games without Grothe in 2009 and only got 8 wins and you would have thought that he was a complete failure (forget about slap gate) and had plateaued. What I wouldn't give for 8 wins... Skip has a chance to get there with a win on Saturday though... 8 wins in the last 2 years... won't that be special?

• Upvote 1

Hmm... losing BJ was huge, but Leavitt had to play 9 games without Grothe in 2009 and only got 8 wins and you would have thought that he was a complete failure (forget about slap gate) and had plateaued. What I wouldn't give for 8 wins... Skip has a chance to get there with a win on Saturday though... 8 wins in the last 2 years... won't that be special?

I would give you a medal for this line if I could. Bravo, sir. Bravo.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

He needs the Hooter Hotseat.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

Too pile on to Skip's inept QB recruiting. We had a guy that could have probably helped immensely with inroads at Armwood and the surrounding area that Skip flat out refused to give a QB shot to in Josh Grady. Eventually Grady went to Vandy b/c they gave him a shot at QB and guess what? Grady is a WR at Vandy. Skip is a complete fool to not give Grady a legit shot at QB and transition him to Safety after his redshirt year.

i've wondered if Grady would have signed here if Skip would have just given him a shot at QB. What would it have hurt?