• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We have had 9 years to build for the next realignment

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

And Jim , Skip, and Doug couldn't get it done. It is what it is.

This presumes that a better record would have made a difference. Not sure it would have. ACC would still have FSU and Miami, and Big 12 would still not be contiguous to Florida. USF waited too long to start a football program - that's the bottom line.

If somebody is hell bent on blaming USF if we don't get chosen this time around, that's about the only thing that makes sense to blame them about.... and nobody around is responsible for putting it off for so long .... I don't think.

call me a conspiracy theorist but I always thought it odd that we started a program 1 year after the Culverhouses sold the bucs. UT dropped theirs 1 year before the bucs started. perhaps they told tsa they wouldn't share a stadium with a college team.

On the surface, a possible conspiracy but not much teeth. UT dropped football for financial reasons. The Bucs under Culverhouse shared the stadium with a league in competition with them so I don't think Culverhouse had much pull back then .... or, knowing Hugh, if it made money for him he didn't care who or what shared the stadium.

• Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

blaming Jim Leavitt is a joke, right?

wtf did that man ever do that wasn't getting this team further along somehow?

Really tired of people pissing and moaning about how bad USF has it when the fact that we didn't even have a team very long ago gets conveniently forgotten. NO--- we can't be happy to be where we are-- which let me tell you is probably further along than we deserve. Especially frustrating is listening to those fans who decide it is better to give up on a team the minute they start losing.

There is no probably.We have been extremely fortunate to be where we've been for the last 7 years...

• Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  167

Really tired of people pissing and moaning about how bad USF has it when the fact that we didn't even have a team very long ago gets conveniently forgotten. NO--- we can't be happy to be where we are-- which let me tell you is probably further along than we deserve. Especially frustrating is listening to those fans who decide it is better to give up on a team the minute they start losing.

There is no probably.We have been extremely fortunate to be where we've been for the last 7 years...

I put that in there under the possibility that had we kept Leavitt around, and done something more these past two or three years, that we might have already been invited to a different conference like the ACC.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

And its taken most programs ten times as long to get where USF is at.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

+1

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

+1

+2

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  436
  • Days Won:  0

And Jim , Skip, and Doug couldn't get it done. It is what it is.

This presumes that a better record would have made a difference. Not sure it would have. ACC would still have FSU and Miami, and Big 12 would still not be contiguous to Florida. USF waited too long to start a football program - that's the bottom line.

The Big 12 isn't geographically contiguous to West Virginia, either. At least Florida would promote a Southern/Gulf Coast identity.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  436

The more years the B10 waits to fil those two final slots to get to 16, the better USF/UCF will look to them. Read the comments from B10 coaches and ADs about Maryland and Rutgers. Many admit that they are located in the Rust Belt and they need growth. Many Pres/ADs also mentioned moneyed alums in the east coast areas they just annexed. Florida is THE place that best fits those two criteria. I don't care if they end up poaching FSU and that opens a slot or whatever, but these facts are becoming more visible to B10 leadership and they have all shown that tradition and 'we haven't done that before' don't count for squat anymore.

I agree. Surprisingly, I think we would be a better fit for the Big 10 than FSU. More Big 10 area transplants and tourists are in central Florida, not the rural Panhandle where there are probably still many who wave the Confederate flag.

I know many would accuse us of initially diluting a tv contract-at least without the Big 10 network. But, with the CIC program, the effects of FSU diluting the research money would be more serious and harder to mitigate.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

Big 10 is a pipe dream. They will not have us no matter how good our market or fan base or football team is. Our academics are not up to their standards.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  172

+3

How many teams from d3-d1 BCS (who most have been playing football for over 75+ years) can have said and did as much as we did in 10 years (deserved or not).