• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Doug and Judy's mission in life shoul be to get USF OUT OF BE

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

This is total and complete BS. We should be getting in the ACC talk at least. I agree that these couple of years with Skip/Doug ruining everything along with the lack of a move conference-wise has pretty much sealed the deal.

I thought we had good facilities and a bla bla bla TV market?

The academic snobs that make up the ACC won't add us to the mix

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Mission in life? I certainly hope for their sake that getting a football team to play with the right big kids on the block isn't their mission in life. You can hope it's a priority but no one should be making this their mission in life.

U just don't understand how important this is. And not just athletically.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,097
  • Days Won:  39

This is total and complete BS. We should be getting in the ACC talk at least. I agree that these couple of years with Skip/Doug ruining everything along with the lack of a move conference-wise has pretty much sealed the deal.

I thought we had good facilities and a bla bla bla TV market?

The academic snobs that make up the ACC won't add us to the mix

LOL but I thought we were "recruiting the right way" now or something? If we are going to get publicly shamed and bombed back into the stoneage by Miami, I would hope our GPA is at least going up?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,097
  • Days Won:  39

Mission in life? I certainly hope for their sake that getting a football team to play with the right big kids on the block isn't their mission in life. You can hope it's a priority but no one should be making this their mission in life.

Exactly. This is the turning point for a big source of interest and money.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

Is there not somebody or someway to organize a meeting with them to discuss our concerns? In my business, when you have people who support you then you listen to their concerns. I would think it would only be right of Judy and Doug given the drastic issues facing USF athletics to do something like this for those who support the program. Is that crazy talk???

probably depends on how big of a check you write every year. write a big enough check, I'd bet they would listen.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

If you are so mad then email the administration! Contact the local news about the financial situation! Do SOMETHING.

dwoolard@usf.edu

bmcgillis@usf.edu

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

Please. It's college football, college athletics and it has to a limited extent some education value. It's entertainment not life or death. I certainly do understand how important this is and in the grand scheme of things, it's not.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,720
  • Days Won:  3

Doug and Judy

doug-doug-and-judy-brawl-clip.jpg?format=jpeg

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Please. It's college football, college athletics and it has to a limited extent some education value. It's entertainment not life or death. I certainly do understand how important this is and in the grand scheme of things, it's not.

For our school, it is. Football brings relevance and money to your school. Which brings students, which brings more money. Why do you think you know of all the top universities (aside from ivy league)? SPORTS.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

For our school, it is. Football brings relevance and money to your school. Which brings students, which brings more money. Why do you think you know of all the top universities (aside from ivy league)? SPORTS.

Oh you mean like MIT, University of Pennsylvania and Cal Tech? And yes those silly little Ivy league schools like Harvard, Yale, Princeton and Columbia. Out of the top 20 universities according to US news and world report, a grand total of 5 schools are in a "Big 5" football conference, Stanford, Duke, Vandy, Northwestern and Notre Dame. And three of those schools aren't really football powerhouses.

I am pretty sure that the vast majority of the world doesn't give a chit if USF even exists let alone plays football in a major conference. Again it's entertainment, which btw before we go much further, entertainment I love, I have season tixs to football, basketball and baseball and I have graduated from USF three times. I tell my kids that everything we have, is indirectly be enabled to us through the university. I am not saying that people who find this important in their lives shouldn't be emotional and excited about it, but imo, if USF football became my mission in life, I would think my life was not worth much. Now you could argue that making USF a better school through football would be a valuable life mission. And that's a good argument. But if that was your argument, its a very inefficient one. How many years, even during our bowl years, did the AD tell us we were breaking even or making just a small percentage. I am fairly certain that if all of the sudden we decide we didnt want athletics anymore, all that funding could be used more efficiently.