• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tough Decisions, Right Decisions

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  936
  • Days Won:  1

Derek Dooley got fired at Tenn.

Tennessee has money and very passionate rich alumni.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

3 years is a big enough sample size IMO, with no signs of improvement in the near future, we need a new leader.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

Derek Dooley got fired at Tenn.

Tennessee has money and very passionate rich alumni.

i thought I read its going to cost tenn like 7 - 9 mil to get rid of dooley

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  470
  • Days Won:  0

Holtz needs to go, but Woolard? USF Athletics are more than football and don't be so sure that he was 100% the source of that stupid move. Don't be surprised if that move wasn't "suggested" from higher up simply for his work with the APR. Something like this can be a focus changer as he knows he can't miss on the next one. The work on the facilities was massive folks, let's not discount that and we have other sports doing well and looking up.

As for the answer? Who knows but I know it's not Skip...Anyone who can laugh while you're being gutted isn't someone I want leading me into battle...

I agree with this.

Coach Holtz' extension absolutely jumped the gun,

But Woolard's contribution to USF has been otherwise outstanding. Think of that rebuilt Sundome we all laud. And the hiring of the basketball coach. A redeveloped athletics district that, no doubt, required lobbying by Mr. Woolard far beyond what any of us understand.

Coach Holtz is not serving the USF football program well. But dragging the AD down with Holtz is ignorant to the good the AD has done outside of football.

Many, and perhaps MOST programs would love to have experienced the growth USF athletics have experienced under Woolard's guidance.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

reading this thread you would think we just started this conversation

the simple fact is it has been going on for over a year now

"oh we should do this right away" --- umm, welcome to the conversation I guess. need proof? look at the threads from a month ago or a year ago-- whatever/.

Nature of the beast, there big guy. If you'll notice, it's the same posters posting the same thing in every thread, too. I don't know why it surprises anybody. Pile on mentality. Funny stuff.

sadly it's the same guys posting that posted before in many cases

this forum has become incredibly redundant

sadly it's the same guys posting that posted before in many cases

this forum has become incredibly redundant

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

I don't think its a gaurantee that holtz is back next year. For dw its actually smarter to let holtz go. If holtz is back next year, then dw has all but certianly hitched his wagon to holtz and will go down with holtz if things don't work out. Firing holtz and bringing in a new coach at the end of this year at worst buys him another 2-3 years and much more if the hire works out.

I don't think its a gaurantee that holtz is back next year. For dw its actually smarter to let holtz go. If holtz is back next year, then dw has all but certianly hitched his wagon to holtz and will go down with holtz if things don't work out. Firing holtz and bringing in a new coach at the end of this year at worst buys him another 2-3 years and much more if the hire works out.

That's the way it usually works. Bullshiznitz has nailed it. Like a GM in MLB, buying time by firing the manager. Keep him and risk your own demise. On the other hand if DW is about ready to retire it may not matter either way.

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

As far as I am concerned Doug Woolard has been a much greater disappointment for this University than Skip ever could be. Giving him an extension after last season ranks probably as the single dumbest (legal) thing I have ever heard of an AD doing. One would reasonably expect that action alone hitched his wagon to Holtz success. I'd actually much prefer Doug fired (tomorrow) and give Skip another season.

It really goes beyond football. Our athletic department is just not run very well.

• Downvote 1

You're about to learn about big government and big school. Nothing is going to happen with DW.