• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Good, Bad, Ugly vs UCF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

To be fair.. There wasn't much for the Student section to be active about tonight.. Maybe a few moments, but besides that.. Eh. It's really important for the team to create some big plays that gets the crowd into it.. Especially with Tampa people.. Not many people around here are too into basketball.

This. The students got loud on a few of the small runs we had. But they where so few and spread out that it was tough for the students to get going.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

If you cannot shoot better than 36% from the floor, you have to get offensive rebounds. That wasn't happening, last night.

One of the problems with playing man-to-man defense the way USF does, "smell the breath" tightness, is it leaves you out of position to block out when attempting to rebound. When you do not have the big bodies in there, you must block out to rebound. I'm interested in seeing how Stan fixes this. Also, the defense was tight in spurts, not constant like last year.

UCF was shooting at the same goals we were. They shot 50%. There was a lot a bad shot selection on our part. Stan might want to rethink this up tempo offense and go back to frustrating the opposition to death.

To be fair.. There wasn't much for the Student section to be active about tonight.. Maybe a few moments, but besides that.. Eh. It's really important for the team to create some big plays that gets the crowd into it.. Especially with Tampa people.. Not many people around here are too into basketball.

This. The students got loud on a few of the small runs we had. But they where so few and spread out that it was tough for the students to get going.

Spread out? Sections 119, 219, and the 3rd level above that were all students. They just sat on their hands until the team did something first.

I hope you do these after every game. I really like the Good, Bad, and Ugly

I will try to, but I may not be able to watch/attend every game.

Ugly - The UCF fans making the Sun Dome seem like their house with those chants. That was an embarrassing moment for any one associated with USF.

We have an apathetic student body. You compare the two athletic programs and their marketing, you'll see why. They are breeding a culture of loyalty, pride and tradition over there, we are not sadly.

It is amazing how useless our marketing department is

it has always been this way

outrunner, what is UCF doing that we are not? I'm not looking for sarcasm. This is a serious question.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

The good was the new dome with a large crowd and visiting with former players and coaches. Also good was the experience in the new loge suites. Great time. I recommend it.

The bad was our team following recent tradition and getting off to an amazingly lousy starting effort. AC's injury clearly hurts us but our inside game was nonexistent.

The ugly was the Mariel boat lift of Orlando's lowlife that trekked to our new dome. Don't know how we'll evever get that stench out of there.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Spread out? Sections 119, 219, and the 3rd level above that were all students. They just sat on their hands until the team did something first.

I meant the runs we had were few and spread out.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  11
  • Days Won:  0

I never believed in curses until now.. what has happened to USF athletics? I know its one game for basketball, but still.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Great to see BB Waldron back. He is actually working at USF and finishing up his degree.

That's great news about the degree .... very nice seeing both him and Tron there. Also good to see the guys with the jerseys hanging in the rafters there also.

Which former players were there? I'd love to see a list.

Were Lee Rose and Bobby Paschal there?

Bobby was there looking almost the same .... Rose, bless his heart, looked like the Crypt Keeper in a video message about the Florida Four.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1
  • Days Won:  0

I was at the game last night and wanted to apologize for the few "fans" who dumped over trash cans after the game. That is completely uncalled for. There is a difference between supporting your team by being loud and chanting during the game, and trashing the opposing teams campus. That being said, we had a great time at the game and look forward to the game in Orlando.