• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

My First Bulls Game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,637
  • Days Won:  3

Oldbull's story is pretty typical of usf alumni that graduated pre-97. We have to do a better job of getting these folks back into the fold at USF. Winning usually does that, so it surprises me that you choose this abysmal season to jump on. Better late than never, Oldbull77. Get your season tickets and strap on into the bitchfest that the Bullspen has become.

more like pre-1983 -- we didn't have football buit we had some good basketball during those years. And we were the ones that kept pushing to get a team on campus. Lots of alumni from those years are hardcore football fans.

As for this new guy-- I'm not sold. It smells of some FSU fan wanting to tell us how great FSU is/was/whatever on our board while acting like he's never even heard of USF football or any wins we've had. Fails to mention beating them in 2009 completely? what was he living under a freaking rock? Sorry-- seems an awful lot like some FSU fan trolling/beating his chest. Let's just say I am skeptical. And of all the games in the world to go see-- it was this crapfest of a game against UConn? Something smells here folks. 2/10 rent, do not buy

He said he "gave it all up in 2002" - well before the USF victory in 2009. I compare it to me moving down from Chicago in the early 80s and remaining a Bears fan until getting out of the service in the late 80s and deciding I would give the Bucs a try and be a local team fan. Trust me when I say the Chicago game experience, even with the weather, kills Buc games when compared to the last couple of seasons. Looking back I still think I made the right decision and once oldbull77 gets his season tickets and is part of the (hopefully) improving program, he will be glad he became a fan.

I say welcome.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that a big part of the reason there is no live bull on the sideline (besides being a really stupid and pointless idea) is because it's not worth the expense to entertain the 16 people who actually show up for games. I have no idea how much it would cost to acquire, care for, and control a live bull, but I doubt it is especially cheap.

My guess would be to avoid any "cruelty to animals" claims. It's one thing to defend something that's been done for decades, but to even start something that may bring activists to the gate may be something they want to avoid. Almost like claims of insensitivities to races with choice of mascots. While the Redskins will remain the name for Washington, I doubt anyone else will start a new team with that one.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  173

Oldbull's story is pretty typical of usf alumni that graduated pre-97. We have to do a better job of getting these folks back into the fold at USF. Winning usually does that, so it surprises me that you choose this abysmal season to jump on. Better late than never, Oldbull77. Get your season tickets and strap on into the bitchfest that the Bullspen has become.

more like pre-1983 -- we didn't have football buit we had some good basketball during those years. And we were the ones that kept pushing to get a team on campus. Lots of alumni from those years are hardcore football fans.

As for this new guy-- I'm not sold. It smells of some FSU fan wanting to tell us how great FSU is/was/whatever on our board while acting like he's never even heard of USF football or any wins we've had. Fails to mention beating them in 2009 completely? what was he living under a freaking rock? Sorry-- seems an awful lot like some FSU fan trolling/beating his chest. Let's just say I am skeptical. And of all the games in the world to go see-- it was this crapfest of a game against UConn? Something smells here folks. 2/10 rent, do not buy

He said he "gave it all up in 2002" - well before the USF victory in 2009. I compare it to me moving down from Chicago in the early 80s and remaining a Bears fan until getting out of the service in the late 80s and deciding I would give the Bucs a try and be a local team fan. Trust me when I say the Chicago game experience, even with the weather, kills Buc games when compared to the last couple of seasons. Looking back I still think I made the right decision and once oldbull77 gets his season tickets and is part of the (hopefully) improving program, he will be glad he became a fan.

I say welcome.

I'm also from Chicago and still consider myself a Bears fan. I am also a Bucs fan - kind of the same situation you mentioned-- figured I was staying here and got behind them (really helped when they got rid of the creamsicle barf uniforms). Clearly, I have no problem with people who have multiple allegiances.

I understand the process-- just a bit leery about the content of his post pointing out so much about the Noles. And even if you are "out" as a season ticket holder, who could not have heard about losing to USF in 2009? Anyway--- we'll see if they ever post again but I am cautiously optimistic at best

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

The OP only has one post. If the person was so interested in USF, he would have come back to the thread.

The troll alert alarms are going off full blast on this guy.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

The OP only has one post. If the person was so interested in USF, he would have come back to the thread.

+1

C'monnnnn oldbull77!!! I stood up for you!!! Don't let me down!

• Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

It's only been a couple of days ... he obviously doesn't have the full blown addiction to the board yet .... and what is exactly triggers the troll aspect of the post?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,784

It is an odd post. Why so much background BIO right out of the chute? It's "USF" until the mascot paragraph, then it becomes "we".

Nah...I'm thinking this is someone who's spent time on the board, just having a little fun. What better way to bring up a stupid topic

for discussion and spare your good board name.

Not like it ain't been done before... ;)

• Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  173

I call em like I see em folks

• Downvote 1