• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Keep skip

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,626
  • Days Won:  424

Perception by who ....? We never even made the ESPN bottom 10.

Actually we did make the ESPN Bottom 10 along with Hawkeyes, Jayhawks, and Huskies when the MAC went on a rampage through the BCS.

http://espn.go.com/c...a-all-bottom-10

The MAC, so often cast in the role of lovable loser, flipped the script Saturday, scoring BCS upsets from Central Michigan, Ball State, Western Michigan and Northern Illinois. Their victims -- Iowa, USF, UConn and Kansas, respectively -- combined to earn this week's not-so-coveted No. 5 spot.

mac_50.jpg 5. Big MAC 0-4 "Top Chef": Sharpen your knives and enter the Bottom 10 kitchen. Today's special: a Big MAC sandwich with all the fixings. Mix in a little Hawkeyes, Jayhawks, Bulls and Huskies and bon appetit.

Nice catch .... and what a clever way they did that.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

In 2014 We really wont have ANY BCS schools on the schedule. BCS is going away for everyone. And Your 2 number is wrong. If you look at the Home FB schedule for 2014 We should have at least 4 home BE games( if we keep the same roatation we have now with conference games)We had Pitt, UConn, Rutgers Syracuse So its not 2 teams like you say.

In 2014 we already have NC State and our Home conference games.

And the home winning streak was lost in 2009 yes, But look at Skippys great home winning streak since than, 2 GAMES. Thats in his first season, Havent seen back to back wins at home since he came here. Pathetic

Skip is killing the program, Even the fair weathe USF fans are quitting on this team. Everyone I spoke to at the game Sat is thinking of stopping thier donations and buying tickets, We havent missed a home game in the history of the program. I spoke to about 10 or so around me the same feeling.

Triple(AKA) Skip go coach the team and stop posting on here maybe we acutally learn how to snap the football from under center instead of the shotgun(Floyd). LOL

Edited by Dhambuc

In 2014 We really wont have ANY BCS schools on the schedule. BCS is going away for everyone. And Your 2 number is wrong. If you look at the Home FB schedule for 2014 We should have at least 4 home BE games( if we keep the same roatation we have now with conference games)We had Pitt, UConn, Rutgers Syracuse So its not 2 teams like you say.

In 2014 we already have NC State and our Home conference games.

You are not grasping what I'm saying .... Come 2014, the BE is no longer a "BCS" type conference (you do know what the use of "" signifies, right?). As of right now, all I could see is that we only have 2 home games scheduled with teams from "BCS" type conferences.

And the home winning streak was lost in 2009 yes, But look at Skippys great home winning streak since than, 2 GAMES. Thats in his first season, Havent seen back to back wins at home since he came here. Pathetic

Skip is killing the program, Even the fair weathe USF fans are quitting on this team. Everyone I spoke to at the game Sat is thinking of stopping thier donations and buying tickets, We havent missed a home game in the history of the program. I spoke to about 10 or so around me the same feeling.

Triple(AKA) Skip go coach the team and stop posting on here maybe we acutally learn how to snap the football from under center instead of the shotgun(Floyd). LOL

A Syracuse blogger must have been reading this board before making this comment:

"They are a 15 year old program who has lived a pretty easy life so far. Like a sheltered, upper-middle class teenager, USF has benefited immensely by geographic and demographic circumstances, and has grown up in a world where they went from literally nothing to a competitive BCS program in 8 short years. In a football sense, their fanbase is pretty **** spoiled. And as we know, kids who are spoiled tend to be short on patience, and don't often know how to deal with adversity when it finally and inevitably hits them in the face."

Nailed it.

http://cdn3.sbnation...zpsf5dff2c5.png

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

I dont think you read my post. " IN 2014 WE REALLY WONT HAVE ANY BCS SCHOOLS ON THE SCHEDULE" "BCS Is going away for EVERYONE". That means 0 games technically against BCS schools, Cant play BCS schools if there is NO BCS correct?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,695
  • Days Won:  108

You know how I hate to be logical, BUT... Everyone knew our D backs were pretty horrible. If any one part of the team has disappointed, I say that is the defensive line. Who's coaching that? One of the few Leavitt holdovers, Kevin Patrick (but he and Larry Scott seem to be our best recruiters. Losing Phil didn't help there either). The offensive line with some of the Skip's recruits playing seem to be doing pretty well. Bivins looked OK at DB the little he was in there. A Holtz guy. Talented young WRs, Holtz's guys as well. IF AW comes in next year and performs well....

Agree that Cosh needs to go but looking at some of the above you can make an argument for Skip staying another year. My fear is still the "you just need to win by 1" attitude. I think you need to go out there with the thought of getting out in front (like Syracuse game) and then stepping on their necks to put them away. I still think the jury is out on whether he'll be back. Don't think a decision will be made until after the season as Doug had mentioned.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Fire the Loser !

wow

strong words

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

He has an excuse now, BJ out for the year. He gets another season.

not so fast my friend

holtz hasnt recruited or developed a back up

He has an excuse now, BJ out for the year. He gets another season.

not so fast my friend

holtz hasnt recruited or developed a back up

We don't know that for sure, yet ....

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

You know how I hate to be logical, BUT... Everyone knew our D backs were pretty horrible. If any one part of the team has disappointed, I say that is the defensive line. Who's coaching that? One of the few Leavitt holdovers, Kevin Patrick (but he and Larry Scott seem to be our best recruiters. Losing Phil didn't help there either). The offensive line with some of the Skip's recruits playing seem to be doing pretty well. Bivins looked OK at DB the little he was in there. A Holtz guy. Talented young WRs, Holtz's guys as well. IF AW comes in next year and performs well....

Agree that Cosh needs to go but looking at some of the above you can make an argument for Skip staying another year. My fear is still the "you just need to win by 1" attitude. I think you need to go out there with the thought of getting out in front (like Syracuse game) and then stepping on their necks to put them away. I still think the jury is out on whether he'll be back. Don't think a decision will be made until after the season as Doug had mentioned.

Patrick coaches Defensive Tackles, and I Hargreaves handles Defensive Linemen and Special Teams. I say Hargreaves, a Holtz guy, has woefully underachieved coaching both areas. But I do agree that Holtz may be bringing in better caliber student-athletes. I just wish he'd adapt his coaching philosophy a little more to better deal with those 2007-2009 Leavitt holdovers. I just don't see adaptability being a good part of the Holtz coaching repertoire.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,695
  • Days Won:  108

OK, so 1/2 the blame goes on Patrick and half on Hargreaves.