• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thank You Greg!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Cosh would only be gone to buy time for Holtz himself.

Depends on what Judy and Doug say about this debacle.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

If Cosh didn't have a two year contract, I'd figure him gone for sure after this season. I could see him being demoted to bring in another DC, but it would be tricky to make the money work. I'd think that Skip has one more year, but it gets more bleak by the game. I didn't think we have another turmoil filled offseason this soon after the last one.

If they couldn't figure it out during the bye week, not sure how they figure it out before the end of the season unless they start playing youngsters. Where is Bivins? Kind of hard to believe they would be concerned about the young guys busting assignments, obviously the upperclassmen are busting them left and right.

Strangest thing to me is the complete disappearance of Ryne Giddens. Coaching staff? Personal issues? Hidden injury? I can't believe DC alone could make that much of a difference. The DLine coaches are the same.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

last night listening on the Fan I swear he threw the players under the bus, said "the coaches set them up for the win and we let them get down and score". How about taking blame for the first half time management.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

lets wait for the next 4 games, then fire them all. That is the best time to hire a new staff, December.

Why wait

going wwithout a coach the team might lose 4 more games. hell they willprob lose them with our coaching staff

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

If Cosh didn't have a two year contract, I'd figure him gone for sure after this season. I could see him being demoted to bring in another DC, but it would be tricky to make the money work. I'd think that Skip has one more year, but it gets more bleak by the game. I didn't think we have another turmoil filled offseason this soon after the last one.

If they couldn't figure it out during the bye week, not sure how they figure it out before the end of the season unless they start playing youngsters. Where is Bivins? Kind of hard to believe they would be concerned about the young guys busting assignments, obviously the upperclassmen are busting them left and right.

Strangest thing to me is the complete disappearance of Ryne Giddens. Coaching staff? Personal issues? Hidden injury? I can't believe DC alone could make that much of a difference. The DLine coaches are the same.

Wait a second... Cosh has a 2 year contract? I got to be honest, I don't follow much the innerworkings of college football but I recall when long-time Michigan coach was let go he had gotten the staff to give his entire staff a 2 year contract the year prior. That was unprecedented in college football and he had done it to ensure they'd have a job (or at least money) for an extra year. Has 2 year contracts for assistants become the norm? Or do we just have the hands down worst athletic director in the history of sports? Still reeling from his extension to Holtz!

As far as Ryan, Cosh said in post game that he has been banged up pretty good. It was hardly specific though - Greg asked him about the lack of playing time maybe a minute into the interview.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Usually assistants don't have a contract for more than one year.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Wait a second... Cosh has a 2 year contract?

Oh yeah. First one ever for an assistant football coach at USF. I'm sure Skip went out on a limb for that one. I'm thinking it may not happen again anytime soon.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

If Cosh didn't have a two year contract, I'd figure him gone for sure after this season.

Tending the pennies now loses the dollars later.