• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Undefeated Big East team not worthy of NC game discussion

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  431
  • Days Won:  0

Of the things to be concerned about right now, this one is down there on the list. If the BE sports a team most feel is worthy they will be in the playoff.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

With one of those two undefeated teams right now trailing at home to Kent State by 18 in the second half, it's hard to be too appalled by this sentiment.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

It's doesn't matter who the better team is right now....

There needs to be a system that gives undefeated teams the opportunity to win it all.

All the BE should be asking for is a spot in the playoff. I bet an undefeated vile will be top 4.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Big east teams have to load up on top ooc competition and go undefeated

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Still 5 games to go. Let life play out.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820

UL's strength of schedule is horrible, even going 12-0 would you put them in top of 4 over possible 1 loss teams like KSU, OU, ND, Bama, Florida?

I still think they lose to RU or Cuse, they are getting better but not over dominant, 3 or 4 teams could of beat them including USF.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  176

UL's strength of schedule is horrible, even going 12-0 would you put them in top of 4 over possible 1 loss teams like KSU, OU, ND, Bama, Florida?

I still think they lose to RU or Cuse, they are getting better but not over dominant, 3 or 4 teams could of beat them including USF.

I don't buy strength of schedule bullcrap. The players can only win the games they are given. If my team wins every game they did the best they could possibly do, so why should they get punished because their athletic department couldn't pay UF enough to play them? Screw that. Undefeated Big East team should be in the NC game all day over a one loss SEC, because the Big East team did their job. The SEC team didn't.

Now, does that put the best two teams in the National Championship game? Hell no. But if that upsets you, make a **** playoff system. Problem solved. Until then, you can't screw over a team that goes out there and does the best they can possibly do.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Whichever team out of the Rutgers and Louisville matchup remains undefeated and is the #2 team in the nation then they should play for the NT.

This "elite" crap is bothering and cheapens the sport.

Also who is worthy of playing Bama... Bama is unstoppable this season and will likely destroy LSU next week. I doubt anyone can hang with them.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  130

During half-time, one of the ESPN announcers stated that an undefeated BE team should not even be in the discussion for the championship game...what is everyone's opinion on this? If that is true, does USF pull back on football funding and concentrate on other sports we have a chance to win it all in...assuming that is always the ultimate goal.

That has already happened. Woolard is basketball first. I know some will say well he gave Dip Skip 3 million. This is true, but HIS passion is hoops.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,628

I don't buy strength of schedule bullcrap. The players can only win the games they are given. If my team wins every game they did the best they could possibly do, so why should they get punished because their athletic department couldn't pay UF enough to play them? Screw that. Undefeated Big East team should be in the NC game all day over a one loss SEC, because the Big East team did their job. The SEC team didn't.

Now, does that put the best two teams in the National Championship game? Hell no. But if that upsets you, make a **** playoff system. Problem solved. Until then, you can't screw over a team that goes out there and does the best they can possibly do.

No they shouldn't. No it's not their fault that they didn't face any worthy opponents, but when teams like Florida, Oregon, Kansas State, LSU, Alabama, Georgia etc....are playing top 25 and top 15 teams for more than half of their schedule, they are showing that they are elite. Houston last year didn't play a single top 25 team until their championship game and they crapped the bed. They would of been killed in a BCS bowl. Remember Hawaii in the 08 Sugar bowl? Went undefeated and they were killed by Georgia. TCU and Boise St have shown that they can hang with the big boys year in and year out plus they play difficult games. These other teams just don't.