• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Holtz will be USF's Head Coach Next Year

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Well they are putting Cosh on the sideline this week, and one of the other guys up in the booth. That's about as much change as you're gonna get for now.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

A coach at a mid level BCS program should get 4 years. Could you imagine what would have happened had Clemson shelved Dabo Swinney?

Here is where we have a difference in opinion. You are probably right. Duke, Vandy, Kentucky... those are mid-level BCS programs to me... meaning that, if they win a conference (or division) once every 8-10 years, go bowling consistently, and keep fan support, they are doing great.

We on the other hand are in a conference that is prime for being better than that. I am not expecting national titles, but, hasn't everyone had a (part of a )conference championship since we've been in the BE except for us an the Cuse?

We should pretend like we are the class of the conference. We should be pissed every time we lose a BE game. We should not settle for losing records and seasons without a bowl. I was a huge Leavitt supporter, and would have said that he didn't have enough time to win the conference, but, he had good will built up from... you know... building the program from scratch and making me Bullieve that MY TEAM was as special as any other school in America.

Whoever we have though... I am not OK with "we're a mid-level team, we have to be happy with 6-6, 7-5, etc." (which by the way, I'd be thrilled with right now). If our coach isn't getting it done... with a senior laden team, working with a lot of talent (at least in my opinion). He does not deserve more time. Cut your losses and try to move on. I don't know how much it costs the program not to go to a bowl, but, I would guess that it's a pretty good bit. Not just from the Bowl revenues, which are likely next to nothing, but, from a brand recognition standpoint, butts in the seats standpoint, season ticket holders. In my opinion, $2.5 million is a bargain compared to that potential loss if we continue down this path.

Thats the worst excuse ever....If the seniors were so great, they wouldn't be getting benched and/or not playing at all.

There's 17 seniors in the 2 deep this week on offense and defense. I did not count spencer cavaleri since I do it believe he is on scholarship but he's in the 2 deep at fb behind Hawkins. But for Popek being injured that would be 18. Throw in that both Bonani and jbk are seniors that is 20 scholarship seniors.

For all the talk about shuffling the lineup and getting young guys playing it is primarily at 3 spots: WR where the only senior is Victor Marc and he has had only limited plays all year; TE- where Price finally got on the field and has replaced Landi in the 2 deep; LB- where Lanaris was relegated to backup.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Correction to the above. Price has joined Landi and shields in the 2 deep (I guess depth chart no longer means 2 deep).

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

After hearing a lot of noise in the system, I am getting more convinced Holtz will be here unless we lose out. I sincerely wish him the best and hope he can pull us out of the nose dive. The worst thing, however, would be for him to salvage enough wins to continue and then have another less than stellar season next year.

that would be the worst. if we just get strung along. 4 wins this year. give him another year let him get "his" guys on the field. 5 wins next year. look we improved and we're young. give him another year. etc etc

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

they have used BJ Daniels wrong for 2+ years now.

I don't think anyone could use BJ correctly, unless that coach was an option-oriented guy. I may get tarred and feathered for this, but I don't think BJ's decision making has improved at all. I'm seeing the same uncorrected issues with BJ as I did under the Leavitt years. I'm starting to think that BJ's issues aren't really correctable, unless you run a completely different offensive system for him, like an option or triple option. Just my opinion.

http://www.bostonher...s&position=also

3rd year’s the charm for successful Irish coaches.

Frank Leahy, Ara Parseghian, Dan Devine and Lou Holtz all won their first national championships in their third seasons as coach of the Fighting Irish, while Knute Rockne finished his second straight undefeated season. The combined record of the five in their third season: 50-2-1.

Coach Brian Kelly has the unbeaten Fighting Irish in the national championship discussion in his third season with their best start in a decade at 7-0 and a big game Saturday at eighth-ranked Oklahoma (5-1). So is it coincidence that successful coaches at Notre Dame have won titles in Year 3, or is three years how long it takes a successful coach to get his players in place and put his imprint on Notre Dame?

I don't think I'd compare Kelly and Holtz. Kelly is a hell of a coach. If he's able to get Notre Dame back to the promise land, that'll just confirm my thoughts on Kelly going back to when I first saw him coach at Grand Valley State Univ. while I was living in Michigan at that time.

Come on man, you should know better than to argue with BJ's best friend about how BJ isn't a "great" his words, QB.

I don't think anyone could use BJ correctly, unless that coach was an option-oriented guy. I may get tarred and feathered for this, but I don't think BJ's decision making has improved at all. I'm seeing the same uncorrected issues with BJ as I did under the Leavitt years. I'm starting to think that BJ's issues aren't really correctable, unless you run a completely different offensive system for him, like an option or triple option. Just my opinion.

Frank Leahy, Ara Parseghian, Dan Devine and Lou Holtz all won their first national championships in their third seasons as coach of the Fighting Irish, while Knute Rockne finished his second straight undefeated season. The combined record of the five in their third season: 50-2-1.

Coach Brian Kelly has the unbeaten Fighting Irish in the national championship discussion in his third season with their best start in a decade at 7-0 and a big game Saturday at eighth-ranked Oklahoma (5-1). So is it coincidence that successful coaches at Notre Dame have won titles in Year 3, or is three years how long it takes a successful coach to get his players in place and put his imprint on Notre Dame?

I don't think I'd compare Kelly and Holtz. Kelly is a hell of a coach. If he's able to get Notre Dame back to the promise land, that'll just confirm my thoughts on Kelly going back to when I first saw him coach at Grand Valley State Univ. while I was living in Michigan at that time.

Come on man, you should know better than to argue with BJ's best friend about how BJ isn't a "great" his words, QB.

I've never said Bj was a great QB. BJ Daniels is ranked 25th in points responsible for and 31st in total offense. He is a good college QB. Great QBs go on to the NFL. there are very few great QBs in college. you might want to watch more than just the Bulls. there are worse QBs that have their teams currently ranked within the top 10.

your blind love for Holtz is showing. where will he be without his scapegoat next year?

I've never said Bj was a great QB. BJ Daniels is ranked 25th in points responsible for and 31st in total offense. He is a good college QB. Great QBs go on to the NFL. there are very few great QBs in college. you might want to watch more than just the Bulls. there are worse QBs that have their teams currently ranked within the top 10.

your blind love for Holtz is showing. where will he be without his scapegoat next year?

Sorry Bro, but facts are facts:

In the “Anyone who thinks†thread

Me PAGE 2:

BS!! The coaches suck, but so does BJ, he is PART of the problem. EVERYONE is part of the problem!! What do you think that they tried to make him into? It's certainly NOT a drop back passer! Did they try to make him someone that can read a defense?

You page 3:

BJ is a great qb in the right system. BJ is much better than KSU's qb. KSU's qb is getting heisman hype after being a 4th stringer moved to wide receiver before snyder took over agin. terrible numbers last year. worse runner and passer. snyder knows how to use him though. puts him in a position to succeed.

Me PAGE 2:

BS!! The coaches suck, but so does BJ, he is PART of the problem. EVERYONE is part of the problem!! What do you think that they tried to make him into? It's certainly NOT a drop back passer! Did they try to make him someone that can read a defense?

You page 3:

BJ is a great qb in the right system. BJ is much better than KSU's qb. KSU's qb is getting heisman hype after being a 4th stringer moved to wide receiver before snyder took over agin. terrible numbers last year. worse runner and passer. snyder knows how to use him though. puts him in a position to succeed.

fact : I never said he was a great QB.

saying that he is a great QB in the right system is not the same.that's essentially saying he is not a great QB in this system.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

Holtz will be back.

Me PAGE 2:

You page 3:

fact : I never said he was a great QB.

saying that he is a great QB in the right system is not the same.that's essentially saying he is not a great QB in this system.

Parse much, saying someone would be a great QB in the right system, is saying that you think that he's a great, or at leats has the potential to be a great QB. I notice the fact that you are completely ignoring that I'm not in love with holtz. As I've said in many posts, he needs to go. I'm not going to get into a protracted "sword fight" with you.