• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

"Beat Florida!" "That's why I'm here"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,448
  • Days Won:  19

Maybe this meant all coaching efforts would be directed at the Gators so we won't have a real game plan until we play them again.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  335
  • Days Won:  1

When has anyone seen Holtz out coach any team? He has never had a complete win against any team (at BCS/FCS level). Best to me was Clemson and his putrid D almost let them come back to. Notre Dame had to give us the game (turnover after turnover).

Holtz is a mess and so currently is this team. Question is- is there any hope that things are going to improve?

Guess that fan should have yelled......... Beat anyone please

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

It was never likely USF was going to go into the swamp and win, regardless of who was coaching. Not impossible obviously, but anyone who thought the team was going to win because of some spontaneous, off-the-cuff comment Holtz made a day after being hired needs to get a clue. What else could he say in that situation?

There are plenty of reasons to hate what Holtz has done at USF. Neither that comment nor losing to the Gators is among them.

Contrar mon frar... if I remember correctly Holtz and co. made some bone headed decisions during the UF game that cost us a win in the swamp... we were running over the Gators up until half, were tied or ahead (can't remember), and then we abandoned the run and went with the pass after 1 fumble by our freshman RB (who should not have been in the game). After the fumble we started passing more and the Gayturds defensive backfield easily took advantage of wild throws by BJD.

Now I was belligerently drunk for that game so my memory might be clouded, but I'm sure my above statement is pretty close to what occurred.

You're right! The first couple of drives we ran the ball downhill right at them, with some pretty good results, but then abandoned it for no reason at all. Similar to what has happened in every game this year, actually only some games. We come out opening drive, establish the run and then give up on it. I guess Fitch wants to throw the ball all over the field, but I think he needs to use the run game a little more to open up the passing game!

I didn't remember it that way so I went and checked. Before UF went up three scores and basically put us in a position to throw instead of run, we passed the on ball 6 of 14 plays run in the third quarter...

What happened in that game was Florida was better. More depth. They wore us out.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  87
  • Days Won:  0

Beat Florida? I'd be surprised if Holtz could beat Florida Atlantic at this point.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

It was never likely USF was going to go into the swamp and win, regardless of who was coaching. Not impossible obviously, but anyone who thought the team was going to win because of some spontaneous, off-the-cuff comment Holtz made a day after being hired needs to get a clue. What else could he say in that situation?

There are plenty of reasons to hate what Holtz has done at USF. Neither that comment nor losing to the Gators is among them.

Contrar mon frar... if I remember correctly Holtz and co. made some bone headed decisions during the UF game that cost us a win in the swamp... we were running over the Gators up until half, were tied or ahead (can't remember), and then we abandoned the run and went with the pass after 1 fumble by our freshman RB (who should not have been in the game). After the fumble we started passing more and the Gayturds defensive backfield easily took advantage of wild throws by BJD.

Now I was belligerently drunk for that game so my memory might be clouded, but I'm sure my above statement is pretty close to what occurred.

USF did not go pass-heavy until the Gators were winning by multiple scores. You remember wrong.

And regardless, even if that were true, it has no bearing on my post you quoted. It was never likely USF was going to go to Gainesville and win, regardless of who was coaching. It was certainly possible, this team has won games that seemed highly unlikely before, but that still doesn't change the fact that it was unlikely. It is ridiculous to hate on Holtz for not beating UF, or for saying the only thing he could when put on the spot because of that student yelling what he did during the introductory press conference.

I am much, much more pissed about losing to Ball State, Syracuse, and Temple than I am about the loss to Florida. The loss to Florida was always by far the most likely outcome.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Beat Florida? I'd be surprised if Holtz could beat Florida Atlantic at this point.

I would be surprised if he could beat Charleston Southern.