• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Realignment - A quick look at the haves and have nots

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

endowment is 3x bigger than UCF.

we sell more tickets

our non football sports have more success.

Most valuable schools in BE are

1a. UL

1b. RU

2. UCONN CINCY USF

UCONN is a flagship, therefore higher on the list. When UCF joins the BE and is a member for a couple of years, there won't be a difference between them and us. That's the main reason why I didn't want them as conference mates, oh well.

1. Louisville

2. Rutgers

3. UCONN

4. Toss up Cincy/USF

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  505
  • Days Won:  0

we sell more tickets

1a. UL

1b. RU

2. UCONN CINCY USF

UCONN is a flagship, therefore higher on the list. When UCF joins the BE and is a member for a couple of years, there won't be a difference between them and us. That's the main reason why I didn't want them as conference mates, oh well.

1. Louisville

2. Rutgers

3. UCONN

4. Toss up Cincy/USF

I still believe academics will play a part in all of this. UCF and USF are both rated about the same for undergraduate studies. Where the difference comes is in research dollars. Are we not a much higher ranked research institute? I think that is what will put USF in over UCF if anything happens in the near future.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

The question now is.... what separates us from UCF.... if it comes to taking a Florida school how would a conference decide between USF or UCF at this point? Past AQ record?

Not as much as it used to. Aside from football, our sports had a very good year last year. Better than UCF in most, if not all aspects I believe(could be forgetting some). Our football needs to step it up.

Someone is going to take Louisville. There is no reason not to.If there is any more expansion, they will be the first to go.

If it's based on the competitive standpoint, then they will go.

Their tv market is certainly a drawback.

True, but at least they dominate their own market for the most part. As we learned two Saturdays ago, we dont dominate our own market. A conference like the ACC doesnt need USF. FSU has this market already.

So you think if it were FSU - UCF that the crowd wouldn't be 50% UCF fans? I think not.

I was just talking about our market in general, nothing about UCF. ACC doesnt need our market. They already have it. Same goes for O-Town.

Literally our only shot (in my eyes) of getting out of BE is the Big12. When I say our only chance, I mean like a 2% chance. They could probably use our market more, but we still add very little value at the moment. We would get invited based on potential I think. One of those "**** I wish we would have picked them up when we had the chance" type of thing.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

we sell more tickets

1a. UL

1b. RU

2. UCONN CINCY USF

Right now I would switch 1a with 1b, UL is better athletic program but RU delivers bigger market in television, that is what this realignment is about, is marquee match ups that deliver eyes to the television.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Realignment is reaching the point of diminishing returns. The only conference that might need teams is B12 and UT and OU vehemently oppose that. UL was ruled out, didn't fit the profile, Cincy not a prayer, USF, why?, Rutgers, Uconn etal why even bother. If the b12 was to go poaching they would likely try to take down BSU(great national cache) and BYU. Both are a geographic fit and both would leap at the chance. Don't see the B12 heading east again, just doesn't make sense.If they couldn't get FSU/Clemson(don't think ESPN would pony up the bucks to destroy one of their own properties), why bother?

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Realignment is reaching the point of diminishing returns. The only conference that might need teams is B12 and UT and OU vehemently oppose that. UL was ruled out, didn't fit the profile, Cincy not a prayer, USF, why?, Rutgers, Uconn etal why even bother. If the b12 was to go poaching they would likely try to take down BSU(great national cache) and BYU. Both are a geographic fit and both would leap at the chance. Don't see the B12 heading east again, just doesn't make sense.If they couldn't get FSU/Clemson(don't think ESPN would pony up the bucks to destroy one of their own properties), why bother?

That actually makes sense

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Go figure, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Go figure, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

:/endthread

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

if usf doesnt get in big 5 we might as well shut football down

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  511
  • Days Won:  1

So we are the 65th largest budget with a crap tv deal..... we might be able to crack the top 50 with the new contract.