• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Realignment - A quick look at the haves and have nots

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  160
  • Days Won:  2

The question now is.... what separates us from UCF.... if it comes to taking a Florida school how would a conference decide between USF or UCF at this point? Past AQ record?

The answer, sadly, is that nothing, neither competively on the field or in terms of fan support, separates us from UCF. If any major conference was thinking about choosing between us, it would be a coin-flip.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

We have more research money. UCF has an OCS.

It's a toss up. But I don't think either school is even a re-alignment bubble team right now.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Only chance of a move for us would be if FSU or UM dips out of the ACC, leaving a gap in FL presence for us. Otherwise...it's status quo. With the ACC "defection penatly" now insanely high, it won't be happening.

All we can really hope for is BE relevance. Hoping that relevant FBS schools join in (BYU).

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

We have more research money. UCF has an OCS.

It's a toss up. But I don't think either school is even a re-alignment bubble team right now.

TV market would be the big factor.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  436
  • Days Won:  0

Regarding Louisville vs. Rutgers: I don't think one is absolutely more valuable than the other in conference realignment. It also pertains to the geography and profile of a conference.

Of course Rutgers would be a better candidate for the ACC, Big 10, and even SEC because of academics, location, and large market. On the other hand, I believe Louisville makes more practical sense for the Big 12, with not just stronger football, but basketball to make the conference well-rounded. Just the size of RU's nearby media markets is huge, but they are not a "one-size fits all" best candidate for all of the major conferences. I am sure direct access to the coastal Northeast would appeal to the BIG 12. But just Rutgers on an 'island,' in a Great Plains and Texas conference might feel strange if not artificial. It would be no more natural than Syracuse or UConn joining the SEC.

Edited by Florida Bull