• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can we talk some FOOTBALL?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

I’m more concerned that Louisville will pass for a ton of yards on us. We have failed to get consistent pressure on teams this year and if the D-line can’t get pressure on Teddy Bridgewater he will pick our secondary apart!

I like the idea of some fresh faces seeing some playing time, it's obvious that the current depth chart is not getting the expected and needed results.

We haven't played well defensively against duel threat QBs, and Bridgewater is one of the best. Our d-line and linebackers will have their hands full with stopping he run, including Bridgewater. My concern is that if our linebackers focus too much on the run, they will pass across the middle all day on us, which is already a weak spot. I have no expectations of a win in Papa Johns Stadium, I will be satisfied with some progress from the bye week.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I’m more concerned that Louisville will pass for a ton of yards on us. We have failed to get consistent pressure on teams this year and if the D-line can’t get pressure on Teddy Bridgewater he will pick our secondary apart!

I like the idea of some fresh faces seeing some playing time, it's obvious that the current depth chart is not getting the expected and needed results.

We haven't played well defensively against duel threat QBs, and Bridgewater is one of the best. Our d-line and linebackers will have their hands full with stopping he run, including Bridgewater. My concern is that if our linebackers focus too much on the run, they will pass across the middle all day on us, which is already a weak spot. I have no expectations of a win in Papa Johns Stadium, I will be satisfied with some progress from the bye week.

take out the sacks and bridgewater is averaging about 3 carries per game. about 16 yards rushing per game.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I couldn't agree more about Joyce, missing tackles and blowing coverage quite often.

I'm also with you on establishing and sticking with the run, chew up the clock to keep thier offense off the field.

That works until you go 3 and out and give up the ball in 110 seconds.

still better than going 3 and out and using about 10 seconds of the clock.

UF ran the ball 22 straight times against LSU. they averaged 3 ypc. they passed the ball 12 times. I'm guessing lsu stacked the box as well. they had the ball for 37 minutes. they has 2 3 and outs and 2 4 and outs. they did not give up on the run. neither should we unless we are down by 2 scores in 4th quarter.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  848
  • Days Won:  1

I think Bullock and Garye will contribute big next year at LB. I assume DeDe wont leave early but u never know.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,004
  • Days Won:  12

didn't we open an entire offensive series against ball state by running? I thought we ought to be opening up the play book more. There are several offensive series I liked in the FSU game.

I think stick with the run, and I like the Popek move. Run tough, keep the clock rolling

Open the play book up to look more like the FSU game, meaning sweeps, more TE/short yard/over-the-middle throws, and 3-4 deep route plays a game

I like the defensive suggestions above - i'm a little stumped by that side of the ball.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

I say put in Bivins or Durden and let them learn on the fly next to Webster. Nothing to lose now. Also, put LeJiste back in at strong safety, Joyce has looked sloppy. Move Popek back to left tackle and run that way. he is not a guard and he can move.

Move Bivins and Durden to backups so they atleast see some field time... but Baker hasn't been bad this year... When the CB's have been beat it's been because the DL isn't getting pressure.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  848
  • Days Won:  1

I think since our coverage over the middle is already awful and ineffectual that instead of having the line backers drop back into a zone we should just rush them instead. Send them right after the QB. Nothing is getting done with them in coverage so try something else... put the QB on his but.

I agree. Send 8 guys on 3rd and 10 once and a while. Dont just sit back there. Go down fighting at least.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,004
  • Days Won:  12

Apparently Bridgewater has 10 rushing yards this year. Where does this "dual threat" talk come from?

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  193
  • Days Won:  0

This guy thinks he's a DT QB. However, I think he's running ability is under estimated, but I would not consider him a DT QB like BJ and Grothe are and were. He had some decent rushing yards last year, but thier oline was having lots of issues, so I think some more designed runs were called for that reason.

Edited by dznick51

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

All the scheming in the world won't matter if they don't get the lead out of their assses and hit somebody.