• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This is why I still believe in Skip

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

Who wants to bet that when Skippy is finally shown the door he will pull a Greenberg and blame the program or school itself (at least subtly)?

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I do not believe in Holtz. He has failed at developing players and winning games. No more holtzcuses.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Who wants to bet that when Skippy is finally shown the door he will pull a Greenberg and blame the program or school itself (at least subtly)?

More subtle than kids don't grow up wanting to be USF bulls?

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

The final irony of that is Greenberg so wanted to be in the BE or a better conference and USF ends up in the top conference in the BE.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i would vote to make a change at the end of the year

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

Probablly. Sometimes you have to read through the coachspeak with Skip.

What Greenberg said was okay if he added: "and it was my job to make it so, I did not get it done." Jim Calhoun took a regional power in UConn and made them a national brand in basketball. John Thompson did it at Georgetown. Certainly there are other factors but a lot does rest on the coach whether he likes it or not.

Edited by Mission9

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,007
  • Days Won:  12

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/holtz-ready-shake-bulls-depth-chart

"We're going to let them dictate who's going to play and who's not, by their productivity and their effort. Some things are going to change, because from what I've seen in the last three days, there are some guys that deserve the right to play, guys that are hungry, that really want to be on that field. They've shown that in the last three days."

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

At least they're trying to do SOMETHING over there...though imho the main shakeup we need is for Cosh to get canned.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

http://www.tampabay....lls-depth-chart

"We're going to let them dictate who's going to play and who's not, by their productivity and their effort. Some things are going to change, because from what I've seen in the last three days, there are some guys that deserve the right to play, guys that are hungry, that really want to be on that field. They've shown that in the last three days."

I'll believe it when I see it, but I'd really like to see this happen. Interesting that most of the conversation was about linebackers. Seems like the secondary and DLine would offer more opportunity. If we are going to lose games, it would be nice to at least see what the young guys can do. It's working for Temple.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

What I know is that I am so disappointed inthe progress we have seen since Skip got here that I have to question his ability. I think we are just about (1/2 step back) where we were when he got here but that 1/2 step is a crucial one.

His OC his terrible, no argument. His se secondary coach is terrible. His defense waits flatfooted for the ball carriers to come to them. He recruits C-USA guys. His teams plays uninspired, but they do play until the final whistle and having said all that, I still thinks he deserves 2 more years until he hears his final whistle. The program is filling out everywhere else but on the field and with a sense of urgency I thnk he can take the next step.