• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So if we fired a guy when Bullspenners say so.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

We want to smell your breath!!!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

CR there was a very small minority of people calling for Heaths departure. I look back at the "darkside" days where I joined a very vocal and medium sized group of "darksiders" that wanted McCullum gone. I left this board for a couple of years because of my darkside stance. The guy buried our program for years and most on hear berated anyone calling for his job. They called us racists, idiots, and many other things. So.......the moral of the story is that a small majority are usually ignored but when it becomes a much larger group, and in this case a caucophony of the online community, maybe the fans are more right than the few who just don't want to rock the boat because it would be difficult.

LOL ... You are such a drama queen, hb, or just senile. A quick search shows you've never left the board for a couple of years. Another search shows that you

are misremembering the Dark Side era a wee bit also. Although these posts could have possibly triggered some racist comments:

McCullum is a train wreck of a coach. The guys got no business trying to train and shape young minds. I believe this was a diversity hire that has put the basketball program in the toilet and set us back years. I think this is his last year after these shenanigans.

It must be the asbestos?

McCullum is the asbestos. I can't wait until he has to pull kids from the student body to have a complete 5-man team because he runs his players off just as quickly. When will the administration understand that this guy is a train wreck and cut their losses to bring some in someone other than a poor excuse of a Bobby Knight wanna-be diversity hire.

They didn't ... and the funny thing is that, from that same thread http://thebullspen.c...signs-from-usf/ the only one to bring up racist at all during those years (save Brad's admonishing the Three Amigos) was you. There was name calling going on back then ... mainly we enlightened ones trying to point out to the Dark Siders that USF hoops problems went a lot deeper than Mac ... but "racist" wasn't one of the names.

You were one of the biggest McCullum cheerleaders on this site. If had been up to you, he would still be here and we'd still have wins in the single digits. Plus you might want to talk with Bulliever, because I did cancel my membership to TBP but then came back after emails between us. You act like you are some all-seeing eye because you sit at home and post all day. You don't know everything and you were definitely wrong for way too many years concerning McCullum. Maybe Sheriff. Blingstein, etc. will chime in too about your unnatural love for McCullum. Now get back to the thread subject and stop your personal attacks on me, since thats seems all you have to occupy your time nowadays.

:rolleyes: ... but it wasn't 2 years later. Just wanted to clarify that your memory of that time was kind of fuzzy ... and stop with the whining about personal attacks on you ... kettle/pot etc. The only reason I responded to your whacked out post was that you accused the Mac supporters back then of calling the Dark Siders racists which was total ******** ... funny thing about reading that thread, though, is that you seemed to have a kinder, gentler side back then. Must have been a tough 6 years in between.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

CR there was a very small minority of people calling for Heaths departure. I look back at the "darkside" days where I joined a very vocal and medium sized group of "darksiders" that wanted McCullum gone. I left this board for a couple of years because of my darkside stance. The guy buried our program for years and most on hear berated anyone calling for his job. They called us racists, idiots, and many other things. So.......the moral of the story is that a small majority are usually ignored but when it becomes a much larger group, and in this case a caucophony of the online community, maybe the fans are more right than the few who just don't want to rock the boat because it would be difficult.

LOL ... You are such a drama queen, hb, or just senile. A quick search shows you've never left the board for a couple of years. Another search shows that you

are misremembering the Dark Side era a wee bit also. Although these posts could have possibly triggered some racist comments:

McCullum is a train wreck of a coach. The guys got no business trying to train and shape young minds. I believe this was a diversity hire that has put the basketball program in the toilet and set us back years. I think this is his last year after these shenanigans.

It must be the asbestos?

McCullum is the asbestos. I can't wait until he has to pull kids from the student body to have a complete 5-man team because he runs his players off just as quickly. When will the administration understand that this guy is a train wreck and cut their losses to bring some in someone other than a poor excuse of a Bobby Knight wanna-be diversity hire.

They didn't ... and the funny thing is that, from that same thread http://thebullspen.c...signs-from-usf/ the only one to bring up racist at all during those years (save Brad's admonishing the Three Amigos) was you. There was name calling going on back then ... mainly we enlightened ones trying to point out to the Dark Siders that USF hoops problems went a lot deeper than Mac ... but "racist" wasn't one of the names.

You were one of the biggest McCullum cheerleaders on this site. If had been up to you, he would still be here and we'd still have wins in the single digits. Plus you might want to talk with Bulliever, because I did cancel my membership to TBP but then came back after emails between us. You act like you are some all-seeing eye because you sit at home and post all day. You don't know everything and you were definitely wrong for way too many years concerning McCullum. Maybe Sheriff. Blingstein, etc. will chime in too about your unnatural love for McCullum. Now get back to the thread subject and stop your personal attacks on me, since thats seems all you have to occupy your time nowadays.

:rolleyes: ... but it wasn't 2 years later. Just wanted to clarify that your memory of that time was kind of fuzzy ... and stop with the whining about personal attacks on you ... kettle/pot etc. The only reason I responded to your whacked out post was that you accused the Mac supporters back then of calling the Dark Siders racists which was total ******** ... funny thing about reading that thread, though, is that you seemed to have a kinder, gentler side back then. Must have been a tough 6 years in between.

NO ONE CARES!

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

Funny in a Ha Ha way?

or Funny in a "makes some sense" way?

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Funny in a Ha Ha way?

"Our first stop on this magical adventure is at everyone's favorite irrational USF fan hub, The Bulls Pen. The forum has been notorious in the past for harboring members of the fan base that get worked up and turn to the Internet, looking for other enraged fans to validate them. I'm already prepared for one of them to read this post and then get pissed off and yell about it in a new thread."

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Funny in a Ha Ha way?

"Our first stop on this magical adventure is at everyone's favorite irrational USF fan hub, The Bulls Pen. The forum has been notorious in the past for harboring members of the fan base that get worked up and turn to the Internet, looking for other enraged fans to validate them. I'm already prepared for one of them to read this post and then get pissed off and yell about it in a new thread."

As an avid Bullspenner and Voodoo five commenter (Leavitt Town), I'm a little disappointed with that assessment. Although it's probably not far from the truth.

• Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

He started the improvement with guys on the roster, but having Dominique Jones didn't hurt either.

I'm not a real basketball aficionado, but my understanding is that he understood what the strengths and weaknesses of his players were and tailored the style of play to them. He found the formula that worked with that particular group.

I would partially disagree. He likes a slow it down, keep in close, play good defense style (sounds a lot like Holtz except without the good defense). I believe some of his (Heath) past players would have liked to get up and down the court a little more quickly.

I agree with Ricky. I'm not sure exactly ...think 2 years ago...but we had a bunch of athletic ballers and we ran this half court offense where we threw the ball to each other u til the shot clock went to 5 then forced a shot. We were bad and the few fans paying attention were extremely and rightfully concerned.

Heath figured out an insane defensive and rebounding approach last year which won us games. Wasn't pretty but winning is beautiful.

Again, I would like to see him Improve our offense, but out of rebounding, defense and offense...offense is the least important.

Did I tell you guys how much I like Anthony Collins ?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

He started the improvement with guys on the roster, but having Dominique Jones didn't hurt either.

I'm not a real basketball aficionado, but my understanding is that he understood what the strengths and weaknesses of his players were and tailored the style of play to them. He found the formula that worked with that particular group.

I would partially disagree. He likes a slow it down, keep in close, play good defense style (sounds a lot like Holtz except without the good defense). I believe some of his (Heath) past players would have liked to get up and down the court a little more quickly.

I agree with Ricky. I'm not sure exactly ...think 2 years ago...but we had a bunch of athletic ballers and we ran this half court offense where we threw the ball to each other u til the shot clock went to 5 then forced a shot. We were bad and the few fans paying attention were extremely and rightfully concerned.

Heath figured out an insane defensive and rebounding approach last year which won us games. Wasn't pretty but winning is beautiful.

Again, I would like to see him Improve our offense, but out of rebounding, defense and offense...offense is the least important.

Did I tell you guys how much I like Anthony Collins ?

Got to speak with Coach Heath last year either late in the season or after it. He was pretty funny. He told me that having Collins made him so much smarter as a coach. I think he's the best baller I've seen since I've been following USF which probably started around the BB Walden era and includes DoJo.

• Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

Been watching since the walden era too and Collins is by our best all around player since IMO. Dojo might be somewhat nba talent but ac will be a better all around college ball player.

He would be #1 recruiting tool