• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Buying out Holtz?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

We have 8 tickets in section 209... and it will NEVER get so bad that I would give those up...

The fans need to stick together and think about the long-term, not burn and run!! That being said, their are plenty of ways to voice our mutual disgust at Skippy and what he has turned this program into!!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

We have 8 tickets in section 209... and it will NEVER get so bad that I would give those up...

The fans need to stick together and think about the long-term, not burn and run!! That being said, their are plenty of ways to voice our mutual disgust at Skippy and what he has turned this program into!!

+1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I wonder contractually if Skip Holtz has ultimate/final say on the coaching staff. If he doesn't, one way to force him out would be to bring in assistant coaches and coordinators that he doesn't get along with. This would hopefully lead to him resigning or taking a much smaller buyout than he is contractually entitled to receive.

Hire a "head coach in waiting (for skip to leave or his contract to run out".

I like it.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  277

I wonder contractually if Skip Holtz has ultimate/final say on the coaching staff. If he doesn't, one way to force him out would be to bring in assistant coaches and coordinators that he doesn't get along with. This would hopefully lead to him resigning or taking a much smaller buyout than he is contractually entitled to receive.

Hire a "head coach in waiting (for skip to leave or his contract to run out".

I like it.

Who's going to hang around this dumpster fire that long?

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  385

The way I look at it, we have 2 options here:

A) Buyout Holtz - we'll need a booster to step up and deliver if this is going to happen. I'd personally love to see Skip gone, but I realize the financial hardships that this could bring.

B. New DC - I'm not talking about another Cosh type who has done nothing as a DC and is completely inept to hold that position at ANY level of CFB. I'm talking about a Wally Burnham type... somebody that can mildly excite the fanbase and get us back to being a defensive minded team that punches people in the mouth.

It's time to revamp the defensive staff if Skippy is going to stay.

Edited by Grothe4Heisman

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

A) Buyout Holtz - we'll need a booster to step up and deliver if this is going to happen. I'd personally love to see Skip gone, but I realize the financial hardships that this could bring.

B. New DC - I'm not talking about another Cosh type who has done nothing as a DC and is completely inept to hold that position at ANY level of CFB. I'm talking about a Wally Burnham type... somebody that can mildly excite the fanbase and get us back to being a defensive minded team that punches people in the mouth.

I would agree with those two options and most likely it would be B. Cosh has to be replaced with a much better DC if we are going to have skippy for a two or three more years.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

As was pointed out earlier in the thread, Greg Auman has reported it will take $2.5 million total to buy Holtz out. That's not nothing, but it's also small enough that the athletic department has no money-related excuse not to do it.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  848
  • Days Won:  1

If we pay the next guy 1.5 mil over five years we will break even. Holtz will make over 2 mil every year with increases.