• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Daniels and Davis

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

When was the last time we effectively used a TE?

Sean Price needs to see some passes....

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

When was the last time we effectively used a TE?

Sean Price needs to see some passes....

Seems like Landi was involved a lot last season. I agree that BJ tends to decide which one receiver he is throwing to and forgets the rest of them. Hopkins was the guy tonight. Except when he decided near the end of the half to throw to AD even though he was covered like a blanket.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  217
  • Days Won:  0

Davis has 1 catch for 3 yards. I think he might have been targeted 3 times all game. It was the same crap against Ball State. This guy is the best player wearing a green jersey- even if he's double covered, we can't get him involved in a sweep or bubble screen?

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Davis has 1 catch for 3 yards. I think he might have been targeted 3 times all game. It was the same crap against Ball State. This guy is the best player wearing a green jersey- even if he's double covered, we can't get him involved in a sweep or bubble screen?

Against Ball State, BJ kept throwing to him no matter what. That didn't work out so well, so this week he decided to ignore him except when he was covered. The last two years BJ was short on weapons, kind of hard to blame some things on him. I'm pretty disappointed in his play this year. With Geno Smith or EJ Manuel we'd be 5-0. Shoot, with that Bortles kid to our east we might be 5-0. Sadly, he really doesn't run an offense very well.

Meanwhile, Davis seems to pout too much. Or maybe he's the only guy willing to tell BJ when he screws up. It'd be interesting to be on the sideline.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

The receivers are fast. They are average at best. I don't think we have one that I would call good including Davis.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

#27 had Davis blanketed all game with a safety over the top. That's why Mitchell and Hopkins were open.

But the play calling for Davis was suspect at best. He was always the single WR on 1 side running a long pattern. He was never used in a combo route of any form. Therefore, he couldn't shake #27.

The coaching in general disgusts me. But I'm just a fan that never played football or coach the game, so I only know what I know from programs like Edge NFL matchup where they break down the game. Maybe these coaches are excellent and our players terrible??????

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

Davis had two defenders on him most of the night. If he wants one on one coverage someone else is going to need to step up

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Lots of things to fix

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  2

Davis needs to learn what "#1 receiver" means..

Primary, not PrimaDonna

My opinion is he hung BJ out on that pass early. Not an issue, need more practice and effort.

he made no attempt at the ball...kid was shut down by ball state too....that isn't a good sign