• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leavitt on 98.7

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  166

His heart is still here at USF. You can hear it in his voice.

amen to that. The matter what, he is the godfather of USF football and we owe him gratitude for what he did for this program.

He still loves this school, because he knows without him, none of this would be possible.

I don't think that is Leavitt's take at all. He has repeatedly said how many people worked so hard to make it all happen. He led that building process no doubt-- but I think he sees it more as something he is proud to be associated with than something that would never have happened without him specifically.

I can see how that might our feelings on the matter though. I don't think anyone really expected the rise to happen quite as fast as it did-- but USF has some pretty determined people working hard in many facets. As much as they get beat down, there are some seriously dedicated people inside the athletic program.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

Oh no. Listening to this will be like randomly seeing an ex girlfriend that you're still in love with.

LOL +1

Oh Jimmy, how distance makes the heart grow fonder.........please come back...

Jimmy come back, any kind of fool could see

There was something in everything about you

Jimmy come back, you can blame it all on us

We They were wrong and we just can't live without you

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  125
  • Days Won:  0

Leavitt wasn't the answer when we were consistently having mediocre seasons and he still wouldn't be the answer. Remember, he used to say the same things Skippy says now about our opponents. I remember him even talking up the 1-AA teams.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  397
  • Days Won:  0

amen to that. The matter what, he is the godfather of USF football and we owe him gratitude for what he did for this program.

He still loves this school, because he knows without him, none of this would be possible.

I don't think that is Leavitt's take at all. He has repeatedly said how many people worked so hard to make it all happen. He led that building process no doubt-- but I think he sees it more as something he is proud to be associated with than something that would never have happened without him specifically.

I can see how that might our feelings on the matter though. I don't think anyone really expected the rise to happen quite as fast as it did-- but USF has some pretty determined people working hard in many facets. As much as they get beat down, there are some seriously dedicated people inside the athletic program.

MikeG: "You didn't build that! A lot of other people made that happen!"

"Your coaches met in the office buildings we built...Oh, wait..."

"Uh...Your teams practiced on the practice fields we...uh...built..."

"And we paid you a starting salary equivalent to a truck driver to come here!"

• Downvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  166

MikeG: "You didn't build that! A lot of other people made that happen!"

"Your coaches met in the office buildings we built...Oh, wait..."

"Uh...Your teams practiced on the practice fields we...uh...built..."

"And we paid you a starting salary equivalent to a truck driver to come here!"

you get an F for reading comprehension

Leavitt wasn't the answer when we were consistently having mediocre seasons and he still wouldn't be the answer. Remember, he used to say the same things Skippy says now about our opponents. I remember him even talking up the 1-AA teams.

Yes, you are right, 8,9,10 wins season suck compared to where we are now

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Missed it! Man, I hope they recorded it

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

8 and 9 wins. Never could get that 10th. Although if you offered me 9 wins and a bowl right now I'd take it compared to where I think we'll end up this year.

Yes, you are right, 8,9,10 wins season suck compared to where we are now