• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Just listened to intro of Skip's presser.....OMG

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Question: Coach Holtz considering you are the highest paid coach in the Big East, 35th in the nation, how would you compare your three year tenure to the likes of Charlie Strong at Louisville, who started at roughly the same time as you and gets paid less money?

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Ouch.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

Whining and moaning occurs here. It's natural. I hope fans and people in general have enough composure and maturity to control themselves in such public events as the Coaches show.

To those inclined to misbehave: Even if you do not want to behave for the right reasons consider that lot of the coaches are buddy buddy. It is a professional fraternity. We do not want it to get around that we have a nasty fanbase (even if some already think we do). The more storied programs can get away with acting the fool because there is always another ego ready to take on the job. Some may pass on a USF gig if they think they are going to get a hard time and they will not even be in the bigtime.

$2M a year isn't big time?? any idiot that passes on that because they are afraid of fans who expect to win shouldn't be here anyway.

ESECPN does not consider USF big time nor does most of the local media. Even some on 98.7 were mocking USF for the loss to Ball St. and quickly moving on to the next (surprise!) Bucs caller. Its not saying every coach but I bet some we may want would not want to be bothered with and out of control fanbase that is not in the SEC, Big 12, B1G

BTW, if you want to go act up, I am not stopping you or anyone else. I was just asking that people consider what they do. No one is more unhappy right now than I am.....

why would I act up?

Then the statements are not for you. It was meant for someone who may show their backside (maybe even literally), I would love to hear people ask him tough questions and let him know we are not happy.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

-- I think they're just trying to make it clear how much better FSU is now than three years ago when USF beat the Seminoles in Tallahassee, but there's almost a sense of devaluing what remains one of the biggest wins in USF history. Asked what his thoughts were in 2009 when he saw that USF had a 17-7 win in Tallahassee, here's what Skip Holtz said: "Great win for South Florida. I believe Florida State had six losses that year."

This is Skip's quote on Greg Auman's Blog

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  231
  • Days Won:  0

He has absolutely no clue of what's happening or worse how to fix it.

He never mentioned the Ball State game and went right in to FSU and how they appear to be from another planet they're so good. Didn't hear the Q&A because 98.7 doesn't cover it.

He has a clueless defeatist look about him that would almost make me feel sorry for him if he wasn't making 2 mill a year.

Something needs to happen soon or we're going to get knocked so far back to irrelevancy that we never recover.

LOU NEEDS TO STEP IN AS HEAD COACH.

• Topic Count:  251
  • Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

skip sounds scared. i think i heard "embarrassed" 10 times

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Yep. Devalue the past so the present does not look so bad in comparison.

-- I think they're just trying to make it clear how much better FSU is now than three years ago when USF beat the Seminoles in Tallahassee, but there's almost a sense of devaluing what remains one of the biggest wins in USF history. Asked what his thoughts were in 2009 when he saw that USF had a 17-7 win in Tallahassee, here's what Skip Holtz said: "Great win for South Florida. I believe Florida State had six losses that year."

This is Skip's quote on Greg Auman's Blog

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

LOL ... A replay should be up the website at some point and I think I'll listen to that before making any judgment calls. People hear what they want to hear at times.

Ya think?

That may be one of the biggest understatements I've ever read on here.

I was showing real constraint there ...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

LOL ... A replay should be up the website at some point and I think I'll listen to that before making any judgment calls. People hear what they want to hear at times.

I can't believe you want Holtz's contract extended again and you hate ponies.

Puppies, not ponies ....

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

skip sounds scared. i think i heard "embarrassed" 10 times

Same thing he said last week. Same thing he'll say next week.