• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

See ya Skip... Wow...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

You can't honestly believe that we can win the Big East? We just lost to a non-BCS team. We are two minutes and a lot of luck away from being 1-3.

If you are a recruit can you possibly take Skip seriously? We are on a collision course to be the fifth or sixth rated football program in the State of Florida. Given the state of play yesterday it's entirely possible and in fact likely that UCF and FIU would beat us.

I understand that it's unrealistic for USF to ever be consitently on par with UF and FSU. But given the demise of the U's brand and the hotbed of recruiting at our doorstep we can and should be the 3rd tier team in Florida.

Perfectly possible to win the Big East on paper. And we have the talent. If we crap the bed in the Big East again, I will join in the fire Skippy crowd. But the goal at the beginning of the season--win a conference championship--is still within reach.

BTW, we are also one minute away from being 3-1, and six minutes away from being 4-0...neither of these losses were blowouts at all.

Has Skip assisted you in writing this? He said the same things last season and how'd that work out for him?

Hey, I don't think Skip gets a pass at all on any of this, and the contract extension was just plain stupid. And this team looks awful overall, no doubt. But we're .500 right now....just like we pretty much always are at the end of every season. Right now for wins/losses, this team is right at par. Hell, if we keep it up we'll match our best Big East record ever.

Just saying...it's two losses...well, three after next week. Then the bulk of Big East play which is where this season will be evaluated as a success or failure.

At some point its not about the current record, but the quality of play displayed on the field. Anyone that has any semblence of knowledge of football can look back at these last 4 games and see thrr are problems. Once you get into conference play the intensity gets turned up. An intensity for winning which this coaching staff has yet display in more than 2 seasons hrt.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

When/IF we lose game # 6, I am blitzing !!!

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

You can't honestly believe that we can win the Big East? We just lost to a non-BCS team. We are two minutes and a lot of luck away from being 1-3.

If you are a recruit can you possibly take Skip seriously? We are on a collision course to be the fifth or sixth rated football program in the State of Florida. Given the state of play yesterday it's entirely possible and in fact likely that UCF and FIU would beat us.

I understand that it's unrealistic for USF to ever be consitently on par with UF and FSU. But given the demise of the U's brand and the hotbed of recruiting at our doorstep we can and should be the 3rd tier team in Florida.

Perfectly possible to win the Big East on paper. And we have the talent. If we crap the bed in the Big East again, I will join in the fire Skippy crowd. But the goal at the beginning of the season--win a conference championship--is still within reach.

BTW, we are also one minute away from being 3-1, and six minutes away from being 4-0...neither of these losses were blowouts at all.

Has Skip assisted you in writing this? He said the same things last season and how'd that work out for him?

Hey, I don't think Skip gets a pass at all on any of this, and the contract extension was just plain stupid. And this team looks awful overall, no doubt. But we're .500 right now....just like we pretty much always are at the end of every season. Right now for wins/losses, this team is right at par. Hell, if we keep it up we'll match our best Big East record ever.

Just saying...it's two losses...well, three after next week. Then the bulk of Big East play which is where this season will be evaluated as a success or failure.

At some point its not about the current record, but the quality of play displayed on the field. Anyone that has any semblence of knowledge of football can look back at these last 4 games and see thrr are problems. Once you get into conference play the intensity gets turned up. An intensity for winning which this coaching staff has yet display in more than 2 seasons hrt.

Yes, all clear. But USF has never been a predictable or consistent team. Not saying that somehow we'll go from crappy to great...but even with the level of play we've been in all 4 games. And do you really see the conference play from Temple, UConn, and a non-VT-playing Pitt to be THAT much more "intense" than Nevada or Ball State? I'm just not at the abandon ship phase after two losses that we were in the game almost the whole time despite playing as bad as USF ever has. To me, if we shape up and the coaches make even moderate adjustments, we have a chance of being competitive in a very ****** Big East.

Now if we spiral into the same conference collapse we had last year, the pitchforks and torches are on me.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  172

you know-- maybe all this angst will pull the team together and get the players enraged.

they might show up and give FSU a decent battle--- wouldn't that be a hoot. I'm not saying win as much as keep it respectable.

In that event, I think we should lay down the pitchforks and get our focus on winning the next game.

Basically- we can't do much about the coach right now. We can show our support to the players and encourage them to play hard. I'm ready to circle the wagons and face the enemy. Holtz be damned-- or not-- we have a team to root for people. Get behind them or get outta my way.

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  476
  • Days Won:  0

you know-- maybe all this angst will pull the team together and get the players enraged.

they might show up and give FSU a decent battle--- wouldn't that be a hoot. I'm not saying win as much as keep it respectable.

In that event, I think we should lay down the pitchforks and get our focus on winning the next game.

Basically- we can't do much about the coach right now. We can show our support to the players and encourage them to play hard. I'm ready to circle the wagons and face the enemy. Holtz be damned-- or not-- we have a team to root for people. Get behind them or get outta my way.

I like this. As tough as it is, I pledge to do my support to continue to support them!

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

I like this. As tough as it is, I pledge to do my support to continue to support them!

I too will support the BULLS.

I will NOT, however, support this coaching staff unless I see a nearly 100% turn in the effort and preparedness I've seen to date.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  172

I too will support the BULLS.

I will NOT, however, support this coaching staff unless I see a nearly 100% turn in the effort and preparedness I've seen to date.

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

We all support our Bulls I feel. We will all do our part, but we all protest in our own ways for change. As far as the players go, all of us stand by then. Coaches and the idiot who gave skip the extension, not so much

• Upvote 1