• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MOVING ON.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Up!!! To the east side.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Not sure why everyone is confident about this... I'm not saying Indiana is awesome or anything, but Ball St did beat them... and Ball St did put up 27 points vs. #11 Clemson.

Based on our--BJ's--performance last week... factoring in that this is an away game... why should I not be concerned?

Because we have the exact same team we did last year.

Ball State beat Indiana the week before we played them last year too.

Ball State has no Defense and will get zero pressure. They wont be able to defend our receivers and BJ is going to look like Payton Manning this week.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Not sure why everyone is confident about this... I'm not saying Indiana is awesome or anything, but Ball St did beat them

"Not awesome or anything" doesn't come close. Indiana has won 10 games in the past three years, three of them against FCS teams. Indiana is terrible, and it probably would have been more surprising if Indiana won - Ball State beat them last year too.

... and Ball St did put up 27 points vs. #11 Clemson.

And gave up 52. They got 17 points in the second half against several second-stringers in the Clemson defense because Clemson was up like 42 or something at the half.

USF will win this game, there is no doubt.

Edited by gobulls83

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Not sure why everyone is confident about this... I'm not saying Indiana is awesome or anything, but Ball St did beat them

"Not awesome or anything" doesn't come close. Indiana has won 10 games in the past three years, three of them against FCS teams. Indiana is terrible, and it probably would have been more surprising if Indiana won - Ball State beat them last year too.

And gave up 52. They got 17 points in the second half against several second-stringers in the Clemson defense because Clemson was up like 42 or something at the half.

And if we don't?

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

I see this game unfolding like UTC. We will get out to a lead and make some stupid mistakes and Ball St will hang around and this game will be in doubt in to the 4th quarter. Bulls will win in the end not because of better coaching but because we have better athletes.

Unfortunately this game will not allow us to get any meaningful reps for the backups.

Past behavior is predictive of future performance.

Which is it, will the game be like the Chattanooga game, or will the game be in doubt in the fourth quarter? The Chattanooga game was never in doubt, and certainly not at any point in the second half. Just because the team didn't win by 70 doesn't mean the outcome was ever in question.

In reality, the UTC game was probably not in doubt. However, my point wast that because of the stupid interception before the half (like many others in the BJD era) and not being able to run the ball that well we were not able to build a comfortable enough lead to put in the backups until there was a few minutes left in the game.

That's how I see this playing out.

35-24 USF

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

And if we don't?

I've got some USF / FSU tickets for sale

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Finally.

Looking forward to this game. Hoping to see a dominant performance from everyone. Hopefully they are pissed about this loss.

This ^^^^^

If we come out flat then we are up violation creek... we better come out and smack BSU in the mouth

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  163

It would be interesting to see our team try running that pistol offense we saw from Nevada. I think we have the right guys to run something like that=-- and BJ running more often than passing would leave FSU scratching their heads going into next game.

Alas-- I don't think Skip has it in him to do something radical in the face of what seems kind of obvious-- this offense is not effective enough.