• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Now that is a teammate.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Dude was asked about a great catch he made. He could have talked about how he had to concentrate to make that catch. How the completion was bigger than being fouled. But he took the time alloted to him to talk about how his teammate lifted him up.

Props

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

Odd that you put weight on the altruistic value of what he said based on the size of the media outlet he was talking to. Room full of reporters Monday, he has no idea who's national, who's local. He mentioned Deonte in postgame Saturday, did it again Monday. He's a good kid, one of quite a few on the team who try to deflect some of the praise sent in their direction to others.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

i give him credit but lets not cry about it or act like it is the nicest thing they have ever heard another human being say. and it wasn't "national" media. It was a tampa bay times correspondent

i have just seen too many times where fans of sports players give free passes for bad behavior and bow to the feet of someone for doing the right thing even if it isn't out of the ordinary in day to day life.

He's 19. For him to make a statement like that says a lot about the young man. We're just taking time out here to show we appreciate it. Too many times there are people griping about a play a 19 year old did or did not make.

I think it's much better to give a 19 year old kudos than to sit here and whine about athletes and make it all about you. Give the kid props or find some other thread to complain in.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

Odd that you put weight on the altruistic value of what he said based on the size of the media outlet he was talking to. Room full of reporters Monday, he has no idea who's national, who's local. He mentioned Deonte in postgame Saturday, did it again Monday. He's a good kid, one of quite a few on the team who try to deflect some of the praise sent in their direction to others.

well greg i didnt know and had no way of telling who was in what room when this was said. and as i mentioned- its a good thing for him to say but i just get sick of reading people on this board put kids on pedestals just because they play football. i'm sure andre is a great kid and this isn't in any way trying to discredit anything he is doing or will do.

it just baffles me that the blind support that occurs here. reminds me of the thread about the kid who stole a fellow students Iphone and went to great measures to hide it and then when he got caught everyone thought the university should turn a blind eye because he admitted to it. if it was just a kid off of 22nd st who stole a students iphone all those same people would be ready to throw the book at him.

this has nothing to do with trying to make this all about me or complain. we have a message board here for all of us to discuss what we want to discuss and you have a choice to respond or keep going along.

and yes Databull- i would much rather see a post like this than someone calling out a player for dropping a pass. but if you notice, when those posts do happen i am usually there to support the player in that situation.

just devil's advocate but i just think it is silly and distorted how high of a pedestal some fans put members of the program.

carry on

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

well greg i didnt know and had no way of telling who was in what room when this was said. and as i mentioned- its a good thing for him to say but i just get sick of reading people on this board put kids on pedestals just because they play football. i'm sure andre is a great kid and this isn't in any way trying to discredit anything he is doing or will do.

it just baffles me that the blind support that occurs here. reminds me of the thread about the kid who stole a fellow students Iphone and went to great measures to hide it and then when he got caught everyone thought the university should turn a blind eye because he admitted to it. if it was just a kid off of 22nd st who stole a students iphone all those same people would be ready to throw the book at him.

this has nothing to do with trying to make this all about me or complain. we have a message board here for all of us to discuss what we want to discuss and you have a choice to respond or keep going along.

and yes Databull- i would much rather see a post like this than someone calling out a player for dropping a pass. but if you notice, when those posts do happen i am usually there to support the player in that situation.

just devil's advocate but i just think it is silly and distorted how high of a pedestal some fans put members of the program.

carry on

That's just it... you didn't know... and once again you felt the need to make unneeded assumptions and generalizations. One of these days you're going to post something positive and that's going to immediately be followed by pigs flying out of my ass.

Name one kid on this squad that's been put on a pedestal this season.... This is the most close knit group of young men that honestly do the right thing that we've had probably since the beginning of the program. They don't just say the right thing, they do the right thing. As far as I can tell they've all bought into the team first mentality.

You want to whine and complain about kids being pedestals.... but we don't have the grade issues, violence issues, drug issues and discipline issues that grace alot of other BCS teams. If you need an example look at Todd Chandler... he could have bailed and walked away when his grades slipped last year... but he didn't. He stuck it out, made the changes and did the work to get back on the field. He's never sought props for it or anything... he's just glad to be back doing what he loves.

You're supposedly a fan(sometimes I wonder) of a team of young men who have done the right thing and bought into it this year.... stop playing devil's advocate, remove the stick from your ass and enjoy it for once will you?

That's just it... you didn't know... and once again you felt the need to make unneeded assumptions and generalizations. One of these days you're going to post something positive and that's going to immediately be followed by pigs flying out of my ass.

you're right. i never post anything positive and i make all kinds of unneeded assumptions and generalizations. :slapmax:

are you sure you don't have me confused with someone else?

i should have known that stating the opinion i have about the reaction that a few people here made on Andre's comments would turn into a total shitshow.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

you're right. i never post anything positive and i make all kinds of unneeded assumptions and generalizations. :slapmax:

are you sure you don't have me confused with someone else?

i should have known that stating the opinion i have about the reaction that a few people here made on Andre's comments would turn into a total shitshow.

Well if the shitshow fits.........Maybe you should just take a step back and admit you were talking out of your sphincter. Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I, too, have seen no pedestals on TBP. A 5-7 season like we had last year usually results in a pedestal-free environment. We have some classy young men playing football for our alma mater. Nothing wrong with celebrating that a little bit.

However, on this occasion: Matt, thanks for the damper, I think all of us were subconsciously clamoring for it on this thread. :rolleyes:

Well if the shitshow fits.........Maybe you should just take a step back and admit you were talking out of your sphincter.

i feel bad that it some how turned into an attack on Andre cause that is not the case. But as for people some how implying that they would cry based off of his comment is still laughable to me and it reminded me of that crazy talk on the iphone theft thread.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

well greg i didnt know and had no way of telling who was in what room when this was said. and as i mentioned- its a good thing for him to say but i just get sick of reading people on this board put kids on pedestals just because they play football.

But that's kind of the point of this thread, Matt ... He wasn't put on a pedestal just because he played football. He was been given props for something he did off the football field, something you don't often hear out of today's athletes.