• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Now that is a teammate.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

yea i know- and thats why i said i regret that my comments seemed to have singled out this specific instance and Andre himself. It was more a general statement of the general public and the over the top admiration we hold for athletes, both in college and professional.

we celebrate normal behavior and turn a blind eye to poor behavior.

just reading about a kid making a comment that shows he is a true team player and people implying they should be moved to tears over it. Football is and always will be a team sport. It is just sad that the TOs, Chad Johnsons, etc of the world have made this type of action something that sports fans feel the need they should single it out and praise it.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Odd that you put weight on the altruistic value of what he said based on the size of the media outlet he was talking to. Room full of reporters Monday, he has no idea who's national, who's local. He mentioned Deonte in postgame Saturday, did it again Monday. He's a good kid, one of quite a few on the team who try to deflect some of the praise sent in their direction to others.

well greg i didnt know and had no way of telling who was in what room when this was said. and as i mentioned- its a good thing for him to say but i just get sick of reading people on this board put kids on pedestals just because they play football.

But that's kind of the point of this thread, Matt ... He wasn't put on a pedestal just because he played football. He was been given props for something he did off the football field, something you don't often hear out of today's athletes.

D*mn, and now I'm even agreeing with Trip. This must be Bizarro Bullspen, huh? Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

yea i know- and thats why i said i regret that my comments seemed to have singled out this specific instance and Andre himself. It was more a general statement of the general public and the over the top admiration we hold for athletes, both in college and professional.

we celebrate normal behavior and turn a blind eye to poor behavior.

just reading about a kid making a comment that shows he is a true team player and people implying they should be moved to tears over it. Football is and always will be a team sport. It is just sad that the TOs, Chad Johnsons, etc of the world have made this type of action something that sports fans feel the need they should single it out and praise it.

Someone never heard of hyperbole :rolleyes:

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Hey Matt, the guy on your profile pic didn't have players that acted like that!! :stirpot:

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

Hey Matt, the guy on your profile pic didn't have players that acted like that!! :stirpot:

Yea- most here who know me know that I am not a huge CJL fan when he was here. I have that pic more for the gesture he was making and I am a huge 49ers fan and he is now our LB Coach so I still have a little soft spot in my heart for him.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Yea- most here who know me know that I am not a huge CJL fan when he was here. I have that pic more for the gesture he was making and I am a huge 49ers fan and he is now our LB Coach so I still have a little soft spot in my heart for him.

Dude, I was just BS'n. CJL had good kids too.