• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Brad Edwards says Orange Bowl

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

Can you honestly say you know that we are a top 25 team at this point based on the two games we've played and the results of last season?

I am still amazed we are getting as much love in the polls as we are so far. It's hard to ignore this stuff but I BEG EVERY FAN on this board to put this talk on the back burner. You are either going to jinx the living balls out of our team leading to yourself being way more upset about any forthcoming loss (if we go undefeated, I will gladly eat my hat) OR lose your mind if things go like they did for us last season.

you remember that, right-- beat Notre Freakin' Dame and undefeated at 4-0 and then the rug gets pulled out from under us.

I know-- telling people to calm down about the polls and rankings and possibilities on here is like asking people to stop bellyaching for an OCS. But I have to try. I'm a Bull. I never quit. (well except for taking pictures-- I quit that).

We as fans can't "jinx" our team, that notion is absurd. As a program, USF has both won many games while ranked, as well as lost many games. If we ever want to actually elevate the program to elite status along with FSU, Florida, etc.... then the football team is at some point going to need to be able to not only get ranked, but thrive while being ranked and being the "hunted". That's the mentality we as fans should be begging for from the football team. I want to be ranked now, and I want to see a USF football team back up that ranking. We should want winners on that field, not football players who shiznitz the bed because they might have a number listed to the team name that week in the highlights.

• Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

Edwards has us in Orange vs FSU. Schlabach has us in Pinstripe vs Notre Dame.

Still a lot of football left.....

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

We were also predicted to be in the Orange Bowl after the UTEP victory last year as well. Just saying.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

Nobody is saying we are going to the OB or saying we deserve to go or that we are a top 25 team. It was SIMPLY pointing out what ONE college football expert thought. I don't think anybody started booking hotel rooms or anything. To ignore what Brad Edwards thinks is fine but those who want to - great. And to think posting it or talking about can "jinx" us is just flat out ridiculous. WE have NO CONTROL over how USF perfroms based on what we say or post.

Edited by jjlovecub

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Nobody is saying we are going to the OB or saying we deserve to go or that we are a top 25 team. It was SIMPLY pointing out what ONE college football expert thought. I don't think anybody started booking hotel rooms or anything. To ignore what Brad Edwards thinks is fine but those who want to - great. And to think posting it or talking about can "jinx" us is just flat out ridiculous. WE have NO CONTROL over how USF perfroms based on what we say or post.

XoYU5QM87UWHn2NO42Sx-g2.png

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

I don't think talking about it jinxes us but it's ******* ridiculous to have these projections after 2 games, most being non-conference .... There is a ******** of worthless drivel being disseminated just because people can.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

We as fans can't "jinx" our team, that notion is absurd. As a program, USF has both won many games while ranked, as well as lost many games. If we ever want to actually elevate the program to elite status along with FSU, Florida, etc.... then the football team is at some point going to need to be able to not only get ranked, but thrive while being ranked and being the "hunted". That's the mentality we as fans should be begging for from the football team. I want to be ranked now, and I want to see a USF football team back up that ranking. We should want winners on that field, not football players who shiznitz the bed because they might have a number listed to the team name that week in the highlights.

Home Run.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Inside the parker.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Can you honestly say you know that we are a top 25 team at this point based on the two games we've played and the results of last season?

I am still amazed we are getting as much love in the polls as we are so far. It's hard to ignore this stuff but I BEG EVERY FAN on this board to put this talk on the back burner. You are either going to jinx the living balls out of our team leading to yourself being way more upset about any forthcoming loss (if we go undefeated, I will gladly eat my hat) OR lose your mind if things go like they did for us last season.

you remember that, right-- beat Notre Freakin' Dame and undefeated at 4-0 and then the rug gets pulled out from under us.

I know-- telling people to calm down about the polls and rankings and possibilities on here is like asking people to stop bellyaching for an OCS. But I have to try. I'm a Bull. I never quit.

Well said

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Talk to me around November 15th or so