• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Free WIFI at Ray Jay!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

WiFi. That'll get 50,000 to the Bucs games, right?

What a mess.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

if it isn't working well-- you can be sure whoever the provider is will get it fixed or suffer the bad word of mouth

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  2,277
  • Days Won:  0

They started rolling this out last year as a test to the suite-holders at the Bucs games. It was encrypted back then and they gave us the password. It's been beefed up quite a bit since then and opened up for everyone to use. While it worked well a few weeks ago at a Bucs game, I didn't have a good signal in my seat in 124 during the Bulls game this Saturday. So I just stuck with my 4G. The access points must not be set up to reach out far enough into the endzones. I will note though that if you get a good signal it is quite fast for free internet. I did a speed test at the Bucs game and got around 15 Mbps download and 30 Mbps upload. This was prior to the game though so there weren't a ton of people on it yet.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

if it isn't working well-- you can be sure whoever the provider is will get it fixed or suffer the bad word of mouth

I disagree. As I've pointed out earlier, I've been in many stadiums where it's better to be on 3G because the bandwidth is getting overloaded. That's the main, and pretty much the only issue you'll ever see with public wifi.

Large event + free wifi = slow internet in more cases than not. No one really cares too much about poor free wifi at the end of the day.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I disagree. As I've pointed out earlier, I've been in many stadiums where it's better to be on 3G because the bandwidth is getting overloaded. That's the main, and pretty much the only issue you'll ever see with public wifi.

Large event + free wifi = slow internet in more cases than not. No one really cares too much about poor free wifi at the end of the day.

Raymond James Stadium only hosts large events. If it doesn't work well with 65,000 people at the stadium then there's no point in having it.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Raymond James Stadium only hosts large events. If it doesn't work well with 65,000 people at the stadium then there's no point in having it.

I can agree with that statement.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

free wifi is cool and all, but a hooker... never mind.....

• Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

The Trop has wifi and I always have issues with it. And there is is only like 10k people

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

ummm---- are you not bad mouthing the free wifi immediately after you disagree with my statement?

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  498
  • Days Won:  0

Hopefully they get this worked out. My 3G is torturously slow when there are good crowds.